• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video and transition distortion and glitching

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with Premiere Elements. My videos keep glitching, and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. For example, on playback, the frame rate drops a lot, and flashes in different colors of green or purple. The transitions also don't work. The cross dissolve just flashes rapidly between black and the actual video instead of fading. I have noticed that it rendering the video caused some of these problems, and I have also been using higher quality video footage. Premiere is basically unusable like this and I would appreciate it if someone could help, as I can't work on my videos anymore. Thank you. Here is a screenshot of one of the glitches. (its just supposed to be a regular video of a lake.)

-Scottasthetic glitch.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will assist the good folks who will try to help you if you state basic things like what version of Premier Elements is involved and whether on a Mac or MS-Windows system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also tell us your processor and graphics card. And tell us what device recorded your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for the late reply.  I think I'm just using the most updated version of Premiere Elements, (Adobe Premiere ELements 2020), I filmed this on an Iphone SE, I'm using a MS-Windows system, Its an Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-7400 cpu @ 3.00GHz processor, and the graphics card is an Intel(R) HD graphics 630

I updated my Driver, and that seemed to get rid of the color distortion, but my transitions still don't seem to work . On the cross disolves, it still rapidly flashes in between black and random sections from the clips instead of the normal cross disolve. 

Thank you for the help!

-Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried exporting the video, and it caused blue flashing along with more distortion during the trasitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an graphicscard issue. Update driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same issue with premiere elements 2022.  I have tried updating the driver but it has made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

louiseg1683637,

You've tagged on to an old topic.  

Need a little more information.  The graphics driver, operating system and video editing software have to have a match.   How did you update?  What did you update to?  What is your Premiere Elements version?  What is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have just upgraded to premiere elements 22 from 18 so i could get the variable frame rate feature.

I have a Dell insipron running on intel core i5, the graphics card is Intel (R) UHD. I updated through windows - looked for optional updates.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the latest drivers. Windows often doesn't do it.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/80939/graphics.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - i have installed that now, and thought it had helped.  The first video worked fine, the second is still glitching at the point where i have transistions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines