• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Volume controls i PRE 2024 not working/are dead?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The volume controls of PRE 2024 are totally dead in my installation. They used to work fine in PRE 2023, but have not worked since upgrading to PRE 2024 half a year ago.

I used to adjust audio levels by adding keyframes and then adjusting the volume between keyframes by typing in desired db level in Adjustments ... Volume - but adjusting the volume in the volume control does not have any effect. The volume control seems disconnected from the application functionality? Also the Audio Mixer does not seem to be able to adjust audio levels - not even between keyframes.

As of now I can only adjust volume by dragging the yellow line up/down, which is quite clumsy and un-precise. What is wrong here? It used to work in the old version?

I am running a fully updated Windows 10 and audio+audio controls works fine in all other applications.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx for the suggestion - did that but it has no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried and failed at duplicating your issue.  It works OK on my machine.  One possible remedy could be resetting your preferences.  Like some other Adobe apps, when Premiere Elements acts strangely, it can be because preferences get 'confused'.  

To restore default preference settings, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have uninstalled PRE 2024 and removed all settings and then re-installed PRE 2024.

The Audior Mixer now works concerning adjusting overall volume for audio, music and voice clips - but only overall volume - not volume between key frames.
The Adjustments ... Volume control is still a "dead" control. It does not have any relation with the actual volume and the yellow horizontal line of a clip. Adjusting volume with Adjustments ... Volume does not adjust the volume of a clip and does not move the horizontal line. Vice versa adjusting the volume by moving the horizontal yellow line does not change the decibel value of Adjustments ... Volume.
Adjustments ... Volume continues to be a "dead" control in my PRE 2024, whereas it worked fine in PRE 2023.
How to activate Adobe support? So far I have only been able to find a (dumb) chatbot, which is a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines