Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is audio appearing in all channels?

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been using Premiere Elements 2019 without issue since its release. However, the last time I imported a video clip it replicated the audio from it into every channel. I.e, I have a single clip of the video in Video 1 but audio in Video 1,2,3, and 4 as well as in music and voice - six channels in total. It does this for every clip. 

I have reinstalled the program, reimported the raw video, changed project setting from 5.1 to stereo and back again - all to no effect. 

There also appears to be a duplication in the Audio 1 channel!

Can anyone tell me what the issue is and more importantly, how I can stop this happening? No idea.

Thanks.  

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was reported as a bug in 2021, but yours is 2019.

Recently updated OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a Windows 10 reisntall not so long ago and all updates have been installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this only happen with your video's audio or does it also happen when you add an MP3 or WAV to your project?

Most likely it's the specs of your video. Open your video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and copy the text of the report and paste it to this forum. With this information we can better offer your direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for getting back. The issue only happens with the video and this includes video I have previously used with out issue in older projects. I am using video from the same camera, in same format and editing it on the same laptop as I have since purchasing PE2019. No issue with MP3 or Wav files. Here is the mediainfo data you asked for.

General
ID : 0 (0x0)
Complete name : C:\Users\Kev\Videos\Raw Videos\2021\Plymouth\00007.MTS
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 82.4 MiB
Duration : 27 s 823 ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 24.9 Mb/s
Maximum Overall bit rate : 28.0 Mb/s
Recorded date : 2021-08-08 11:52:56+00:00
Writing application : Panasonic

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.2
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 2 frames
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 27 s 380 ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 23.5 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate : 25.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 50.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.226
Stream size : 76.6 MiB (93%)

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name : Dolby Digital
Codec ID : 129
Duration : 27 s 392 ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.25 MiB (2%)
Service kind : Complete Main

Text
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Format : PGS
Codec ID : 144
Duration : 26 s 876 ms

Thanks, Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing I have noticed. The issue doesn't happen when I import older videos that have been created in Premiere Elements (either 2019 and earlier versions) and which were saved as MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this video from? Was it downloaded from a camcorder or was it created some other way? It has some unusual specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the Panasonic camcorder saves it to a Sandisk and I imported from the disk to the computer's hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using this camcorder for a number of years and never had an issue with the files until now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Panasonic HD 1080p60 camcorder from 10 years ago.  I have good results when I make sure that the first clip on the timeline is from that camera.  Premiere Elements recognizes the "MTS" format and sets up appropriate project settings.  

How are you setting up your project?  Might you be starting with a clip from another camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill

No, all my clips are from the same camera, which I've had for about three years. Never had a problem with it until now. As for setting up the project, I alsways have to do this manually as I am in the UK and have PAL TVs (50fps). Unfortunatley PE19 doesn't set up the project settings automatically for this, so have to set them up myself. Always use PAL, AVCHD 1080p Dolby 5.1 at 25fps. The camera films in 50fps but this doesn't produce the film-like images I want so I import to 25fps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see anything unusual in the mediainfo. What do you find odd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for you to share the clip via Dropbox or some other file sharing so we can try it and see if we get the same results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this issue with 5.1 files.

AnnBens_0-1629896949277.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann

Do you know what's causing mine to do this? Or how to stop it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, that particular clip had people in it who might not want to have their images shared so I have uploaded a different clip to Google Drive but which does exactly the same. Heres the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZDA6ZC9-qQ99ah85mMjSaW6dMNvVYsR-/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=112265408... 

What me makes me think its not the video clips is that I've added clips that I've used in previous projects that have worked without issue in the past. Now, even those clips show up with audio in all 6 channels when they didn't before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link brought me to a document, not a video, Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Sorry Steve, I copied the wrong link. Please try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O2W9bxjymt3w6LTqUFNwJc6G08NoYzWY/view?usp=sharing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

I tried you're clip and it loads into my current version like my own Panasonic .mts clips.   (I updated yesterday!)  My procedure was to open a new project, add your your 'media' to Project Assets and drag it directly to the timeline.  Even here in the USA, it set the project at 1080p50 automatically.   The 5.1 audio tracks go where they are supposed to.  That leaves me guessing that your manual selection of project settings might be leaving something out.   

Another possibilty is the operating system.  The 5.1 Dolby became an issue with Adobe a couple years ago.  I think PrE now relies on Windows 10 for the right codecs.    Are you on Windows 10?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

Thanks for your suggestion which I have tried. A strange thing happened. When I dragged the first clip to the time line all 6 channels filled up as before, then the app seemed to stutter before changing the clip into just Video 1 and Audio 1 tracks as I had hoped. Great, I thought, it's working. However, when I dragged the other clips in, one at a time, each one filled all 6 tracks again. When I added the first clip a second time, it happened to that clip too - see below. 

As for the OS, yes, I'm on Windows 10. I did wonder about codecs though. 

PE audio 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies Bill, I misread the thread and throught it was Steve who had replied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Strange.  I drug your clip to the timeline a second time and got the same result.   

I tried a work around.  Select the multi tracked clip, right click and pick unlink audio and video.  Then delete the extra tracks.   Select the remaining audio track and the video track, right click and link them together.    

Not ideal at all but I hope it helps you.     

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afer the work around.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good idea, but all the channels (L R Ls Rs C LFE) are on Left sound, means nothing on Right and others.

After many trial I found a solution which works. Here enclosed in French. Please see explanations in :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements-discussions/creation-of-multiple-sound-tracks-when-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had thought of that, but the next video project I'm editing has over 200 clips - bit of a laborious process to do this manually for each clip. I'm hoping to find a fix before I get started. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines