Exit

Adding slow motion changes the crop and zoom of a video

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

MacBook Pro 2019, Premiere Elements 2019 Version 17

I want to change the speed of a part of my video to show in slow motion. Before I have cropped the video and zoomed in on where the action is. When I choose a slow motion rate of 1/2 or slower, the video jumps to the old perspective again and the zoom in (crop) effect is lost. Funny enough, after rendering the first two seconds of the slowmo show the video zoomed in, then it jumps to the original extract.

Is this a bug or should I apply slowmo first and then crop and zoom or what should I do?

Thanks a lot.

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't say if you're using Time Stretch or Time Remapping to create your slo-mo but that may or may not make a difference.

It could be that these two effects just don't play well together. If that's the case, the best solution is to apply one effect (the zoom) and output that segment as an MP4, then bring that MP4 into your project and apply the second effect to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines