• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements and Canon Vixia HF R800 camcorder

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I purchase this camcorder, I want to know if Premiere Elements will recognize and read it. I believe the video information is stored on a card, so I'll need  a card reader. I checked the list of compatible camcorders on the Adobe site, and although they listed a couple Canon Vixia camcorders, they did not list this one I think this camera records mpeg.

I welcome your input asap!  Thanks!

Scott

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be shocked and surprised if that camera's footage would fail to work with Premiere Elements.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the video information is stored on a card, so I'll need a card reader.

This is not necessarily true.
I have a Panasonic V727 HD camcorder which stores the data (videos & photos) internally on a SD card.

The normal way to transfer from the Camcorder to my PC is via a USB cable & the software supplied by the manufacturer.  It is possible to take the card out & insert into a PC (or more likely a laptop) but I havn't done this as the USB cable method works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would go for a card reader, much faster then using the camera.

No need to use manufacturer's software.

Copy/paste to hdd (windows explorer) and off you go importing into Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or you can use Premiere Elements' Video Importer to get the video from the camcorder -- which does the whole thing automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines