• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe progs disabled after upgrade from Win7 to Win10

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have preinstalled Adobe software on my laptop  Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 and Adobe Premiere Element 9. The laptop was bought with Windows 7. Support for Windows 7 stops in 2020 so I decided to upgrade to Windows 10. After installation of Windows 10 the Adobe product are disabled and moved to the Windows.old folder.

I like to continue using both Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 and Adobe Premiere Element 9. What are my possibilities?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to reinstall Elements.

There is a chance they will not work properly under W10.

Programs are 9 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software came preinstalled so I gave no installationmedia.

The programs can be used on W10. I've seen the same versions working on an identical laptop with W10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an adobe account you should be able to have access to the programs registered

for you. The installation numbers are mentionned in the account.

With these numbers you will be able to re-install Elements Photoshop and Premiere after

download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The programs where preinstalled hence I had no need to register them with any serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The place that you purchased it from should have provided you with a serial number and an installation disc or file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use the rescue disk but that will bring me back to Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read about the "Windows 10 Compatibility Mode" for running old software.  It may work, but is outside the scope of my experience.   

The installation files are no longer available.  If you don't have them somewhere, re-installation is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not work in this case. As I wrote above, the installation was disabled and moved to the "windows.old" folder. They are no longer installed so they are no longer in the registry.  The W10 installation removed several programs I had installed before. Most of these I have installation media at hand, unfortunately not for the preinstalled software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was pre-installed and you dont have a serial number then the bad news is your will have to upgrade Elements.

If you do have a serial number you can Contact Customer Care and ask for a download link to the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I need to revert to W7 again and find the serials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I think I need to revert to W7 again and find the serials."

I don't think you will see them in the software.  The serial number is on a tag, box or piece of paper. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most likely they can be found in the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines