• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio problem with MP4 file created in PrE 2018 then used in PrE15

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Blu-ray support has been dropped from PrE2018, I have used PrE 15 to create menus and burn the Blu-ray discs.  My work flow is to use PrE 2018 for all video editing and export my movie to a MP4 files.  Then I use the MP4 files in PrE 15 to finish the job.  I works.  However, in doing so I’ve noticed that the audio on the MP4 (created by PrE 2018) does’t play in PR 15.  On the timeline, the audio portion is visible, and its all fine on the burned Blu-ray disc.  However, when playing the movie from PrE 15, the audio is always mute.

Its annoying and strange..  I’m just curious why the difference.  Note that MP4 files created in PrE 15 play fine in both PrE 15 and PrE 2018.  Perhaps there’s a new standard for MP4 that’s not downward compatible with earlier level?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Do you see the waveform representing the MP4s audio on your timeline?

If so, then it's just a preference under Audio Hardware in Premiere Elements you need to fix.

But if you don't see this waveform, then your MP4 did not properly conform when you added it to Premiere Elements 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the waveform representing the MP4s audio on your timeline?

If so, then it's just a preference under Audio Hardware in Premiere Elements you need to fix.

But if you don't see this waveform, then your MP4 did not properly conform when you added it to Premiere Elements 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve

You were correct.  I went back to PrE 15 and "tickled" my audio hardware settings, and "Wala", the audio started playing again.  I have no idea what caused the glitch.  Perhaps installing PrE 2018 upset my PrE 15 preferences.  Regardless, all is well.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines