• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't play videos or see the first frame of the video in Organizer

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE premier and have imported about 2000 pictures and videos and iPhone live shots from my recent trip to Alaska.  My videos total about 1 hour.  I have imported all the regular JPG pictures, but can't play the videos.  I keep getting a yellow error screen that says "Media Pending" in several languages.  What can I do to see my .MOV files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is going to depend on the iPhone video format you chose, the computer operating system you are using and the version of Premiere Elements you have. 

Worst case is you have a new iPhone, have it set to HEVC and have Windows. 

You may have to convert the video files.  Were they shot in HEVC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have converted all my photos and videos in my iPhone 8 to jpg and mov

using Imazing and imported them into my brand new Windows 10 PC. When I go

to File Explorer I see everything, including the first frame of my .mov

files. When I click on Properties, I see that everything is in .jpg or

.mov format. I also imported a lot of videos directly from my Canon

Powershot Elph 180 and have the same problem viewing videos in PSE. Why

can't PSE do the same as File Explorer and whatever app File Explorer is

using to open the photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why can't PSE do the same as File Explorer and whatever app File Explorer is using to open the photos? "

Playing a video file is relatively simple compared to editing a collection of video files.  Premiere Elements is an entry level video editor that is equipped to code and decode the files from primary consumer cameras.  It is not equipped to code and decode "everything". 

Video file extensions like "MOV and "MP4" are container formats.  Inside those containers can be hundreds of varying codecs.

If you want to keep going with this, you could download the program "MediaInfo", look inside and post the results of your MOV files.  We might be able to find a fix.  

Using MediaInfo - YouTube 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. "Media Pending" preview usually occurs when the application is unable to link the media file.

• Where have you saved the media files?
  • Please test the preview for the same file on a different project?
  • Also, try changing the media file location and open the project and test the issue.

Let me know if it brings any change.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are in Windows 10 file folders. About half were imported directly

from a Canon Powershop Elph 180 and half from my iPhone 8 via the iMazing

app. Most of the original files are .HEIC and .MOV with a few JPG files.

iMazing converted them to JPG and MOV files.

I"m not sure what you mean by "project". App? File folder? Album? I can

import photos into Windows Photo Editor 10 one at a time but I want to

import all 2000 pictures and movies. Actually, now that I try it, it seems

that all the pictures in WPE 10 are JPG files. I've searched about 20 what

I thought might be .MOV but they are all JPG.

Is there another app besides Adobe that would work?

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:44 AM shivangi gupta <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. However, I am confused which Adobe application are you using? Adobe Photoshop Elements or Adobe Premiere Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivangi,

"Adobe Photoshop Elements or Adobe Premiere Elements?"

Rereading from the top, I think the OP is still in Organizer and has not tried to open files in Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements yet.

I'm useless and clueless with Organizer because I switched to Lightroom many versions ago for image file management. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem is playback in the Organizer, I have never seen that error message appear in the video playback viewer.  It usually appears in Premiere Elements - sometimes when the file has not been rendered on the timeline.

I suspect that the problem with the mov files is that Quicktime is not installed on your machine.  Since Quicktime is no longer supported for Windows and there are security issues with installing it, you may want to try converting the mov files to mp4 using a free utility like Handbrake.  Once you convert the files, you will have to import them into the Organizer.  BTW, what version of Elements are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution - I ditched Adobe altogether and am using ACDSee.  Works like a charm.  I can import and view all my pictures and videos wherever they came from, and can organize and edit as I please.  I would like to return Photoshop to Amazon and get my money back if I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 9:36 AM shivangi gupta <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines