• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot hear audio on playback

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When playing back clips in Premier Elements 15, I cannot hear the audio. It worked fine the other day, but just stopped now. Audio speakers work fine with all other programs on the computer, and I can see the audio levels moving on the screen. I'm running Windows 10. Any ideas? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

In Premiere Elements open Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware.  Look at the settings and try other options presented.  For reasons unknown, those setting can change and stop the audio from playing.  On my computer they once appeared changed by a routine Windows 10 update. 

Good luck getting this fixed!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franco1862,

Before doing this, make a backup of everything and export the work you've done so far.

Here's one possible solution.

1. Load your video/audio

2. Select the Video/Audio pair and from the Clip menu choose Unlink Audio and Video

3. Select the audio portion of the clip and then open the Export & Share menu and select Audio

4. Choose a different audio format and export the audio.

5. Delete the audio portion on the Timeline and drag the new audio to the Project Assets.

6. Drag the audio clip from the Project Assets and place it where the old one had been.

Give that a try, and while it may not work, it's worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Elements open Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware.  Look at the settings and try other options presented.  For reasons unknown, those setting can change and stop the audio from playing.  On my computer they once appeared changed by a routine Windows 10 update. 

Good luck getting this fixed!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That's exactly what happened. It was the result of a recent Windows 10 update. The speakers were turned off, and I was able to turn them back on .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job!  It is weird how stuff like this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This fixed my issue to that had me a minute away from destroying my $2k computer....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i went to audio hardware page and both input and output hardware are listed as not working.  there are no other options on the dropdown menus.  how do i enable?  the speakers work with external programs!

windows 10 surface pro 4.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines