Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

clips with the same name - premiere put the wrong ones

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

I really need someone's help. I work on a big project now and I had a serious issue with PC so I moved all disks to another PC and of course the programm wanted to locate files. It took few hours and I was able to open the project. The problem is that apparently in the clips I got from the client there are the ones with the same names and premiere changed original ones with the wrong ones. In the library of imported files whole folders are wrongly put. What is strange, all clips that are wrongly put are highlighted with blue strips. How to change them for the right ones?

Please help!!!!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I searched a bit and now I now what the grey (not blue) strips means - clips with the same name have different lenghts and sometimes it is missing as the original clip was longer. But stil have no idea what to do to restore the original ones 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... As nobody wrote an answer I had to figure it out myself. It is rather simple - I changed the names of folders with wrong clips and then the program asked me again as the media was missing. This time I chose the exact folder with right clips. Just a piece of advice in case anyone will have similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you were able to find a solution. Meantime remember that this is a user to user forum and you can't always get quick responses to your questions. We are fellow users who are not paid, and we help people as much as we are able.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines