Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility Check

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My current computer is dying on me, and I'm looking for a replacement. I've found one that fits my budget and needs, but I want to make sure its specifications are compatible with Adobe Premiere Elements 11 (I know, it's old, but I get along well with this version, ah ha).

Here are the PC's specifications:

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

Speed - 3.6 gHz base

Graphics - AMD Radeon RX Vega 11

Graphics Type - Discrete

RAM - 8 MB

Cache Memory - 4 MB

Hard Drive - 1 TB

Windows 10

My biggest concern is the graphics card. I've read that Adobe doesn't use GPU, but this computer's graphics card is listed as "discrete" rather than integrated, so I am worried that the graphics card will not be compatible with Premiere Elements since it's not integrated. Would it be better to choose a PC with integrated graphics?

I apologize if that worry doesn't even make sense, I don't know much about computer hardware and am trying my best to make sense of what I'm reading.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

With Premiere Elements, the first concern is the benchmark speed of the processor. In my books I recommend at least a benchmark score of 6,500 or a 10,000 for 4K video. On this chart, your processor scores a 10,000, making it more than capable of doing some pretty heavy duty video editing.

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

Don't sweat the graphics card with Premiere Elements. You've got plenty of power. Though it wouldn't hurt to add a bit more RAM if you can at some point.

You don'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Premiere Elements, the first concern is the benchmark speed of the processor. In my books I recommend at least a benchmark score of 6,500 or a 10,000 for 4K video. On this chart, your processor scores a 10,000, making it more than capable of doing some pretty heavy duty video editing.

Don't sweat the graphics card with Premiere Elements. You've got plenty of power. Though it wouldn't hurt to add a bit more RAM if you can at some point.

You don't say what model camcorder your video will be coming from or what format or resolution it is, but that is always a factor. Though in your case, you'll have plenty of power for pretty much any consumer video format, including 4K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i777k,

Would you please post the make and model of the potential computer.  I may need to upgrade soon!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

Certainly! It's an HP Pavilion Desktop, 590-P0040.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response and for taking the time to explain, I really appreciate it. Your explanation makes sense, and I'm glad to know the graphics card isn't an issue in this case!

Ah yes I should have included that, sorry...I don't have my camcorder on me at the moment, and I always forget its model number, but it's a JVC HD camcorder. Good to know even 4K would be possible with this computer in case I upgrade my camcorder as well!

I had my PC choices narrowed down to two, the one in my first post and the one below...the processor speed is slower on this one, but the cache memory is slightly better (I wasn't sure if that mattered or not). And of course, there's the integrated vs. discrete graphics, but I know now that's not a worry. The model in my first post seems to be brand new, so I'm a little nervous that it doesn't have reviews yet, while the one below has overall positive reviews...may I ask, of these two computers, which you would personally choose, if it's not too much trouble?

Processor - Intel i5-7400

Speed - 3.0 gHz base

Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 630

Graphics Type - Integrated

RAM - 8 MB

Cache Memory - 6 MB

Hard Drive - 1 TB

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the benchmark rating on the link in my post above? As I've said, that is the biggest determiner of how the computer will perform with Premiere Elements.

That i5-7400 rates a 7300.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did, of course. I was trying to say that the AMD PC is brand new with no reviews, while the other one has a slower processor but overall positive reviews...my concern was, I've seen many computers with fantastic specs only to have poor reviews. So, I guess I was just asking, if you had the choice, would you choose a computer with better specs but no reviews, as opposed to one with solid reviews.

This is a lot of money for me, and I have to be careful with it. I apologize for the bother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines