• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit video from my DVD.

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many DVDs  that I created a while ago. They are a combination of video and music. It was all before HD and Ultra HD era. I would like to edit contents of those DVDs in Premiere Elements 15 (the one I currently use for my projects) and output each enchanced video as an ISO file to later burn it to a BluRay disc.

Is it feasible?

Thanks. Lev.

TOPICS
Export , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you start with DVD resolution, you can't improve the quality if you burn it to HD.  You will lose quality.

The best solution would be to play the DVD in a DVD or Blu-ray player that gives good upscaling results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response.

Actually my goal is to enchance the video to add titles, use different effects, add menu and submenues, etc.

avalable in PE 15. 

Is it possible to have original video on DVD and implement all corrections/additions in PE 15?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be better to work from the original project files and media.  The video quality would likely be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I have no desire to get back to the original tapes. I have added music and comments when I was working on the project before moving it to DVD. So, here we are: A video on DVD. The goal is to move everything that is in there to PE 15 and use this software to enchance the project by adding menu/submenues, titles, effects, etc.

Here is my question: what exactly do I need to do to achieve this goal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Copy the .vob files from the DVD to your internal hard drive and then import them to Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines