• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finished rendered media disappears once I close Adobe Premiere Elements.

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Elements since May and this has only happened a handful of times. Once my video has finished rendering and is saved to my pc, I click on "open folder" and then proceed to open the file to make sure everything is ok. I see the video and hear the audio. I'm able to skip through it from beginning to end and everything is normal. However, once in a while (like tonight), I then close Premiere Elements and my file disappears. I did NOT delete it or move it. I would literally render/save it, go to YouTube to upload my file, and it would simply be gone. Once I go back into Premiere Elements and try saving it again in the same location, it doesnt even tell me the file previously existed. It's like it was made and then poof! I don't even know if this is taking up space on my pc without me realizing it. I've looked online and haven't found any other references to this. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been participating regularly here for a half dozen years.  This is the first time anyone has posted your issue.  It is going to be hard to solve, especially since it is random.  

The usual questions are what version, what computer, what operating system, and how much disk space?  However, even knowing those things, this is not logical!

If it were me, as soon as I had the "open folder" and saw the original output file, I would make a copy in another folder.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be a failing hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines