• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firewire input

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used PE 9 until the MAC OS 10.13.5 would not work this version, PE9 would take in video and audio via firewire. Having installed PE2018 this route no longer works but I have found that I can input into iMovie then transfer that onto the desktop then import into PE2018. This is a tedious process. Is there a better way to get the required result? I would love to hear one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

You can capture video from miniDV and Digital8 camcorders over a FireWire (IEEE-1394) connection using the free download WinDV. This video will be saved as DV-AVI footage, which you can then edit easily in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can capture video from miniDV and Digital8 camcorders over a FireWire (IEEE-1394) connection using the free download WinDV. This video will be saved as DV-AVI footage, which you can then edit easily in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice I will try that out that route.

But it would be nice if it were possible to play from my DAC 100 converter direct from CD player and Hi 8 camcorder tapes into PE 2018, perhaps Adobe will come up with a patch one day.

Thanks again.

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a Mac you can import DV via firewire using QuickTime Player: File, New Movie - I do this with QuickTime Player v10.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines