Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOWTO / PE14: Looking for the Right Arrow symbol

Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PE 14.1 on a WIN7 PC...

I know that one can add certain symbols to the "Default Text" e.g. from a windows machine and when using the Type Tool:

press the keyboard shortcut Alt+0169 from the numeric keypad to insert a copyright symbol.

Similarly Alt+0176 for the degree symbol.

I'm looking for the code to create a simple right arrow i.e. a better version of:  Fire damage ==>

Is there a list of such symbols anywhere?  I did some searching but the table I found was for ASCII and the known symbols did not match.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Try ALT+26  and you get   →

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try ALT+26  and you get   →

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also make a file in Photoshop with a clear background and an arrow in it.  Put it in your Premier Elements project on a track above you video line.  You can move it around, rotate it, enlarge it, shrink it, etc with the Motion Tools in the Applied Effects panel.  Capture.JPG

I put the file "red arrow.psd" on DropBox if you want to use it:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/es18ct31y68fe81/red%20arrow.psd?dl=0

Good luck with your project!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Alt+26 combination certainly works

I don't have photoshop available but I have stored the Red Arrow that you provided as that might be better...

Good luck with your project!

Many thanks.  After a pause of several months I've returned to editing the vast number of video clips we took on our US vacation in October 2016.  Currently working on the visit to Crater Lake (Oregon) with blue sky & snow on the ground.  Our videos from Lassen Volcanic National Park are complete & on YouTube (look eg for "Warner Valley October 2016").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines