• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to unlink the audio track from the video track in Expert mode.

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my first post here about a question that seems so basic to me but I spent several frustrating hours yesterday trying to accomplish this. I have made several videos in the past using different software on a PC but this is my first video using Elements 2020 on my iMac. 

The audio track is basically a song in mp3 format imported to the music track or audio track (I've tried both!) I'm trying to edit still photos and some inserted video into the video 1 track and changes I make there cause the audio track to break apart. Also, if I change the duration in any photo (except the last one) it also creates an unclosable gap in the audio track. I need to be able to work in these tracks independantly to create my slideshow. When I have everything in both tracks selected and right mouse click the option to ungroup audio and video is not active. How can I unlink these two tracks in Expert mode for the entire timeline? Thank you for any advice ...

TOPICS
FAQ , Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the clip, select Unlink.  If you then slide the audio track to Audio 2 you may have more control over it.  It shouldn't be having accidental gaps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thank you for the reply. I tried the right click and clip option on the music track, the first photo in the video 1 track, and with everything selected but I do not get an Unlink option. Just to be clear, I'm not referring to a video from my Assets brought into the Video 1 track of the project, but the entire project timeline which contains many still photos and a few videos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try moving your audio to a line above the video track.  The Voice and Music tracks have unique characteristics that might be causing your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!! I'm encouraged that I moved the audio from the music track to audio 2 track. I originally had it in the audio 1 track but that seemed to have the same linked issues for me. In the audio 2 track i shortened the duration of a photo and it did not create the break in the audio. I added a video clip to the video 1 track and it did break the audio track but I could select the right side and drag it back to the left to close that gap. I feel like I can go back to work with it now and design the video the way I want.  Thank you again so much for your help. This answer should close my question ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines