• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import miniDV

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Havn't used it for many year but I am going to save all may tapes now.
I have win7 latest
premiere elements 13.1
A sony miniDV camcorder
Firewire, driver latest
In APremiere Elements I got a message that ' a unit that is not supported is detected' (transl from swedish)

If I start moviemaker it works ok to import, How to get APE to do the same?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Premiere Elements removed the tool for capturing tape-based video in version 12.

However, you can capture your miniDV footage over a FireWire connection using the free download WinDV on a Windows computer.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/WinDV​

The DV-AVI that this software captures will be editable in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements removed the tool for capturing tape-based video in version 12.

However, you can capture your miniDV footage over a FireWire connection using the free download WinDV on a Windows computer.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/WinDV​

The DV-AVI that this software captures will be editable in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it worked excellent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the free trial and when i click add media the only choices are Elements Organizer and Files and folders. From pictures i have seen Videos from cameras and devices should be one of the choices. I have a Sony DCR-HC96 connected to the computer using an IEEE port. When i read your first reponse to the poster it sounded like i would not be able to capture video this way. However, i found a page saying that Premiere Elements supports this camcorder. https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/supported-devices-premiere-elements.html

Will i be able to do what i am trying to do? Is the fact that i am on a free trial limiting what i can do? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As  I said in the post above, Davide, Adobe removed DV and miniDV tape-based video capture in version 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Its tragic and realy unserious business of Adobe, to not support DV and mini-DV camcorders regarding omport from those sources. When you say version 12, is it the same as 2021 or?
To install another program to import is rely sad decision from you guys!!!   ðŸ˜ž 
Does adobe PRemiere PRo support min-DV cameras?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 2021 version of Premiere Elements is version 20.0. So version 12 is nearly a decade ago.

The feature was no doubt removed because a) Tape-based camcorders were no longer being used by the mainstream and b) IEEE-1394 FireWire ports were no longer being factory installed on computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines