Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newly downloaded Premier Elements won't load on my iMac

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a 15-month old iMac running Mojave 10.14.6

I've just upgraded to Elements 2020.  Immediately after downloading I succesfully opened all three components; Premier, Photoshop and Organiser.  I carried out a couple of quick checks and edits then exited all of them.  When I returned shortly after I was again able to reopen Photoshop and Organiser but with Premier I could get no further than the welcome screen.  When I click on the Premier icon a message with a spinning wheel appears stating that it is opening the Adobe Premier Workspace but, after a minute or more, the message disappears and only the welcome screen remains.

I should add that when I was able to open Premier that first time I then loaded a project I had been working on with my previous Elements, version 13.  The project loaded successfully and I experimented with a couple of quick edits.  They went OK but when I tried to use 'Audio Gain' and 'Normalise' Premier crashed. 

Any suggestions as to how I might be able to open Premier again - and keep it open?  Should I re-attempt the download?  Thanks for any ideas.

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you can't re-open Premiere Elements 2020 when you could before. 

But I very much recommend you do NOT try to edit a version 13 project in version 2020. It won't work. Premiere Elements is not backwards compatible, and opening an older project with a newer version of the program nearly always leads to buggy behavior -- and often leads to complete corruption of the project. Always finish your project in the same version of the program you started it in.

I don't know if that is the reason you're no longer able to open the program. It might be worth trying and uninstall/reinstall. But definitely do not try to open version 13 projects in version 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply but it is disappointing to learn that.  One of the reasons I bought 2020 was because version 13 stopped working.  I tried to resolve the issue and continue my project but without success.  I have another post in this forum asking if there was anything I could do to restore 13 but there were only a couple of replies and unfortunately they did not do the trick.

I have used Premier Elements for many years in different versions but I've not encountered simultaneous problems like this before.

Not sure where that leaves me regarding Premier and my project but I will obviously give the matter some thought.  Thanks once again for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines