Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to add media from Sony DCR HC 85 Camcorder

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed premiere elements 2018 and trying to add media from my sony dcr hc 85 camcorder. I am not able to see my camcorder under source in the video importer window.

I am running windows 10. This worked with the previous version of premiere elements.

Can you please let me know the fix?

Thanks

YVS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your camcorder is a tape-based miniDV camera, a 15 year old format whose capture is no longer supported by most programs and operating system.

You have a couple of options:

1) If your computer has a FireWire (IEEE-1394) connection, you can attach your camcorder to your computer via FireWire and then use a program like WinDV to capture your video in real-time stream. You will then be able to edit this DV-AVI video in Premiere Elements 2018.

2) If your computer doesn't have a FireWire port, you can try installing one and then using the process described in Step 1. However, many current models of computer can not do FireWire capture, even if a card is installed. It depends on your system and what type of card you can install.

3) You can capture your video as an MPEG using a device like this and the software that comes with the device. You captured video should work with Premiere Elements.

Amazon.com: Top-Longer VHS to DVD Converter / USB 2.0 Audio Video Grabber Capture Card / Video to Di...

I know that all sounds rather tentative. But, as I said at the onset, your camcorder is pretty ancient technology and hasn't really had software or hardware support for at least five years.

It might be worth spending a hundred dollars or so on a refurbished Canon AVCHD. You'll be amazed how much better your video will look and how much easier it will be to work with and edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines