• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 12 - adding narration

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premier Elements 12 on Windows,  I have completed the creation of the clips, but the camera picks up loud sound.   I've deleted the audio track, and would like to replace that with a narration track.

When I open Narration, and try to record, there is an error message that reads "Your current audio hardware selection does not have any input channels.  Please use Preferences>ASIO Settings>Input to corect this problem."

Going to Preferences>Audio Hardware it says my Default Device is Premier Elements WDM Sound, but there is no other option in the drop-down.  

I'm using a Logitech headset with a microphone that does record voice  in other programs (and functions in Skype).   Device Control, if that's a factor, says Devices: "DV/HDV Device Control"   No option to add my headset.

What do I need to do to add this headset?  I have no idea what "WDM Sound" or ASIO settings are.  

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to remove my headphone set as the problem, I downloaded  the "Lightworks" video app, created a very short  video, deleted the audio track, and added a narration track.  Worked fine with my headphone set.

I'd prefer to stick with Premier Elements and not start over in Lightworks, though.  That's why I'd like figure out what's stopping me from adding a narration track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having received a reply about this, I downloaded the free video program "Lightworks",  brought in the video I made in Premier Elements 12  as one long clip with no audio track and added an audio track in Lightworks.  It accepts my Logitech headphone/microphone.   That resulted in a video with a narration.  Worked fine for the intended use.

I realize this is a "user's forum" and not an Adobe Help forum, and that my problem may not be one experienced by anyone else.  But, I would like to know what Premier Elements objects to about my headset and how that can be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I read your request yesterday and gave it some thought but failed to figure it out.   PrE is on the 18th version now.  That makes version 12 historic.  When it was released the connections of then current mics, audio drivers and operating systems probably worked pretty well.  Something changed.  Perhaps it was an update to a driver or the operating system itself.   That broke the connection.  

If it were me, I would first try to find an updated audio driver for your computer.  Then I would consider trying different mics.  USB mics might work better now.  You could also try a free download of the newest PrE version.  It depends on how often you need to add a Narration track.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines