• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 (Mac) crashes when I add a Title. Everytime.

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 🙂

I have an issue with Premiere Elements 2018. Whenever I drag a Title into the timeline, PE2018 shows me the "colourful ball of Death" and then stops responding. I waited for a few hours but it won't recover.

I tried reinstalling PE2018 and even reinstalling the entire computer, to see it that would solve it. Still the same.

A  current generation MBP is not such an uncommon machine and "adding a Title" not such an uncommon task for a video editing software. If I had come across this problem during the test period, I would've just bought another product, but I have already spend 120€ on PE2018 and am unable to create even the simplest videos with it 😞

I am also using it on a windows machine occasionally, but over there everything works fine. It only happens on my 2017 MacBook Pro 😞

Is that a known bug? Is there a fix/workaround available for it? Am I the only person on the planet having this issue? 🙂

If someone could help, I'd appreciate!

Greets,...

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of OS are you using? Later versions of Mac OS (Sierra, High Sierra) have been giving Adobe software lots of problems that OSX did not.

Have you contacted Adobe Customer Care via Chat?

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to contact customer support. Chat is unavailable today (probably because of the Easter weekend?) So I was directed here 🙂

I use High Sierra (10.13.3) but am unable to downgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines