• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 - Project resolution is 1080. How do I adjust my 4K imported video to Project

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with Premiere Elements 2020. My project resolution is 1080.  When I import my 4K video, there's no way to adjust the resolution to match the project. Instead, the resolution changes to the imported video resolution - the exact opposite of what I want. The software doesn't allow me to change the resolution of the video clip or the project. Is it a bug?

I want to adjust the resolution because the 4K video causes Prem El to crash, and freeze my system.

I've searched everywhere, and can't find the answer.

Thank you,

C

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've used the last three versions of Premiere Elements to edit 4K from Panasonic cameras.  It doesn't crash.  The software is good.  If your computer is crashing, it is because of something besides the footage.

The sofware is supposed to set the project to match the first clip on the timeline.  That is normal.  More typical for slideshows is the choice offered when you start a new project to force the project settings.  You pick from a list and check the box below it.  If you set it to 1080p, it will stay that way.  

You may have trouble with the 4K appearing too big for the 1080 project.  It might look "cropped".  Be sure to check the block for "Default scale to frame size" in General Preferences.  That will scale the larger 4K clip to fit in the 1080 preview frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines