• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since last update Audio is missing from videos?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to upload video from my GoPro and edit and retain the recorded audio.  Now when I upload the same .mp4 files, there is no audio in premiere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you don't hear audio when you play your movie or are you saying that you no longer see audio clips on your timeline? Or are you seeing that you see audio tracks on your timeline but that they don't show waveforms in Expert View?

And when you say "when I upload the same MP4 files", do you mean that you do have audio in your video project but that the video you output has no sound?

There's a big difference.

Also, which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me clarify.

I have saved clips from my GoPro on to my computer.  I open Adobe Premiere elements 15 and I drag the clips I want into the movie editting bar.  I check those clips with a standard Windows 10 player and the audio is there.

Recently, Adobe Premiere updated and I upload the same clips the same way and the audio is missing in the PREVIEW where it was present before.  In Expert tab the waveform is also missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When clip play in W10 player it does not mean it will automatically play (have sound or picture) in a VIDEO EDITOR.

Please try post 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which update?

Clear all media cache.

Rename top folder the mp4 is in and import again. (uploading/downloading means transferring files from one computer to another)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm still not clear what you mean when you say preview.

Are you saying that, when you drag them to your timeline, the video clips play without audio, even though you see an audio waveform on the timeline. Or are you saying that you don't see a waveform on the timeline at all?

And, just as importantly, does ANY audio play in Premiere Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines