• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Testing my new build with 4k video

Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not buy a 4k camera, but I did want to test my new computer with some 4k video

I downloaded some sample files from https://4ksamples.tumblr.com/

I have the HEIF and HEVC codecs... I didn't install them, so I presume they came with Win10

H.264 and HEVC inside an MP4 wrapper work... HEVC inside an ENCM wrapper won't play or load

Anyway, the MP4 files work just fine on the timeline, I don't notice any playback delays
or artifacts... so my computer with Premiere Elements 2021 works just fine with 4k video

My build is at https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/a-fast-video-editing-computer-build-for-2-000/td-p/117...

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that may be interesting... both of the H.264 files show VFR in properties (but did not have any problems during playback) but the HEVC file does not show VFR

I of course have NO way to know if all H.264 4k video is produced with VFR or only the samples I downloaded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My usual edit is HD 1280x720 30fps video from a Canon SX510 camera, which I share to DVD at standard defintion

When I shared 4k 3840x2160 30fps to a DVD ISO the process of converting 4k to SD took (to my eye) about the same amount of time it took on my old computer to convert HD to SD for the same time length of sample video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines