• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Remapping, how to make the audio match. Slow or Fast?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Time Remap to slow or speed up my video the audio always is messed up.  What is the simplest way to keep it matching the video whether I slow or speed it up.

Thanks in Advance.

Chad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

When you change the clip speed/duration, do you check "Maintain Audio Pitch?" Is that all you're looking for? Or are you wanting to do something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brandon,

This could be the case, but I don't see this option.  Where is it located? I am using using the latest version of Premiere elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I kept looking.  I found that if i Right Click on the video, select Clip, then Time Stretch, I can maintain the audio pitch, and the audio matches the video whether I speed it up or slow it down.  How do I do that in the Time Remapping where maybe I only want a small part of the complete video to go into slow motion, along with the audio.  Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Chad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you change speed using the Time Remapping tool, the audio is ALWAYS disconnected from the video. In fact, when you finish Time Remapping, you are always offered the option of deleting the audio completely. You can not change the speed of the audio in Time Remapping.

Are you confusing Time Remapping and Time Stretch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're trying to make only a certain part of the video slow motion, all you need to do is cut two points in the video where you want it to start and stop, and then select the piece of video/audio between them and then do it. Not sure if that's what you're going for though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines