• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim music score without remixing

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new with Adobe Premiere Elements and have created a short video with the included built-in music score "The Mole". The first part (20 sec) of the music score really fits the video. However, when I cut the last part of the music score (to fit the video length) the music score totally changes. I read on the forums and understand this is a remix-function. I have tried to switch off the remix function by changing the Audio Preferences Remix Options from Remix to Trim. However the result is the same - the music score is remixed. I also read somewhere that I can hold down the Alt-key while shortening (by dragging) a music score, but that does also not seem to make a difference. Can anyone help me solve (or better understand) this?

Thanks!

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 - Version 17.0 (20180830.daily.1636760) on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've set the preference from Remix to Trim, delete it from your timeline and replace it.

Also note that only the Music/Soundtrack will Remix your audio. So, if for some reason changing the preference doesn't work, you can always just move the music to any other audio track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Steve!

However, I have tried to delete the music score and insert a new (after the preference has been set to "Trim"). I've also tried to insert the music score to Audio 2. I even restartet the application and created a new project with only the music score. Still I can not cut it without it being remixed. Are you able to trim "The Mole" without it being remixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remix/Trim only affects third-party music files, Atleromstad. MP3s or WAV files of your own personal music.

The Mole is a Scores track. Scores tracks are designed to remix whenever you trim them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines