• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to trim beginning of audio track

Participant ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the trial version of Premiere Elements 2018.  I added an mp3 to the music track.  The music starts about 6 or 7 seconds into the track.  In an effort to get rid of the silence at the beginning, I'm using the trim handle at the beginning of the clip, and dragging it right.  The music clip appears to be trimming, as it leaves an empty spot at the beginning of the track.  Then I drag the whole clip to the left to bring it to the zero mark.  When I play the clip, I still have the 6-7 seconds of no music, like nothing happened.  Then the beginning of the music plays as normal.  What am I doing wrong?  By the way, some kind of remix thing keeps popping up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try two things.  Put the audio clip on another audio track.  Also try cutting the clip instead of trimming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also matters which version of the program you're using.

Newer versions of Premiere Elements, including version 2018, include a feature that re-mixes rather than shortens any audio you trim on the Music track.

Try either moving your music to a different track before you trim it or go to the program's Preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) and, on the Audio page, set the Remix Option to Trim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill and Steve, you guys represent what's good about these forums.  I don't know which one of your posts to mark as "Correct Answer", because you're both helpful and right.  It's a pleasure to have people like you willing to help us newbies.

I downloaded the free trials of both Premiere Elements 2018 and Apple's Final Cut Pro X.  I'm probably going to stick with Premiere Elements and pay to keep it.  Besides the fact that it's cheaper (Final Cut = $300), Premiere Elements in the Expert mode "looks" more like what I'm used to seeing.  Final Cut pro has a "Magic Timeline" or whatever it's called, and I'm not sold on it.

Steve: I took the free month trial on LinkedIn Learning, and chose your "Learning Premiere Elements 2018" course.  I haven't started it yet, but I'm looking forward to gaining a lot of insight.  I wasn't aware you were a contributor there, but when I was browsing the courses, I was pleasantly surprised to see your name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for supporting the course, Jeff! Glad we could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines