• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UpdaterStartupUtility intrusiveness creates problems in other applications?

Participant ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is Windows 7 and Premier Elements 15 and what is installed by that.

Been troubleshooting now for a week what happends and audio recording is just suddenly aborted in Cubase due to audio dropouts.

And a delayed start of update checks for Adobe - installed with Premier Elements 15 - seems to be the problem.

How can I turn this off properly - no automatic updates?

Computer is never online, just for planned updates and installs.

I found the adobegc.log and dlm.log which a secondary applications started by UpdaterStartupUtility.exe.

Other secondary applications seem to be AdobeGCClient.exe and AAM Updates Notifier.exe etc.

There are complaints about CC not installed something, but I only briefly had Adobe Acrobat Reader CC something installed, and then uninstalled.

Something still remain from that?

Can I just rename UpdaterStartupUiltity.exe to something else?

If I don't find a solution I have to start with uninstalling Premier Elements, since this is the only purchased Adobe product I have.

I can't having intrusions like this on entire computer not even running PRE.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Seems to be solved.

I disabled Adobe AGSService, disabled updates in Foxit Reader and also went through all scheduled jobs related in Task Scheduler - and now seems to be fine.

So not touching any of this again unless I encounter a problem of some sort.

Adobe seems to have replaced various update stuff with one that manage many Adobe applications/libraries.

I found a Update6 folder under \Programdata which is no empty.

Finally computer seems to be mine again....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for suggestion, but cannot find a similar name or any EXE-file that actually produce an user interface.

I looked both under \Program Files\Common Files and \Program Files (x86)

The EXE installed by PRE15 seems to be under OOBE\PDApp\UWA  folder - and then the executables for that.

Found some entries in Task Scheduler that seems to correspond to some entries in msconfig and Startup folder - if those are checked.

So disabled those, in case they run anyway if not checked.

Don't find much dat-files either - mostly ecr.files which are encrypted for digital sign or similar.

I have one file which is a service - AGSService.exe - in Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient folder - and disabled that - which still allow to start PRE15 what I could see, and thinking of to lift all of this to RecycleBin.

Make trial and error, kind of.

I started to use Foxit Reader instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader - and it seems to install some files with almost same date as that installation with AdobeGCClient. So some api library from Adobe used, I assume. Foxit Reader started with all of that in RecycleBin as well.

Those log files I mentioned first post - says something like delayed to not overwhelm disc activity or similar.

So it takes 10 minutes after boot until this is run - which is part what cause problem.

If it runs again later - I don't know.

I want to be in control of what is to run, and when - as simple as that.

If anybody has more ideas they are welcome.

Or I just try to rename everything EXE in those folders - and see what happends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to be solved.

I disabled Adobe AGSService, disabled updates in Foxit Reader and also went through all scheduled jobs related in Task Scheduler - and now seems to be fine.

So not touching any of this again unless I encounter a problem of some sort.

Adobe seems to have replaced various update stuff with one that manage many Adobe applications/libraries.

I found a Update6 folder under \Programdata which is no empty.

Finally computer seems to be mine again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines