• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating to Premier Elements 2018

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently running Premier Elements version 8.1. I haven't upgraded because there's not been a need to. Now however I may need to start doing some editing again. So my question is will the projects I created in version 8.1 be compatible with the 2018 version of Premier Elements.

Thanks in Advance,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: Not likely.

Longer answer: You can download the trial and see if you can get them to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan,

Even if your old projects still work, I would suggest that you simply re-use the original resources (videos and graphics). I have about 200 videos from 20-minute YouTube projects that goes back a few PRE versions, and if I want to update a video using an older PRE, instead of loading the old project and adding new material, I just take the old resources, which include re-sized images and sometimes edited video, and re-create the project. In my case, the most time is involved in getting the resources ready; not making or editing the video. With the resources already prepared, it takes little time at all and you get to take advantage of all of the improved features.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies. I didn't suspect that they would be compatible because I had a real go of it just going from version 4 to version 8. Not that Adobe really is concerned with my opinion, but can't see how it would make any sense not to provide a conversion utility. It's going to be a lot of work to do as you suggest Bill as I have close to 100 videos. Will have to look to see what nifty little features come with 2018 and if it's worth it or not.

Thanks again

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines