• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using Transitions in PE 2019

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Quick mode in PE 2019 to create a video using still shots-- I don't see the Transitions effects  "menu" that I used in previous versions-- specifically for time between frames. I only see the Default transition option in Timelines. This does not refer to the duration of viewing the frame which is clearly indicated.

THANKS !!

Peter

Message was edited by: Mod to remove email address.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you drag the transition to the clip, you should be able to click here for timing adjustments:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for getting back to me.

That “menu” of Transition effects used be located on the bottom right of the screen—I see it is now located on the right hand side on your screen shot but does not show up on my screen ( in the Quick) mode.

On the right border there are options for Fix Edit Add—but not Transitions. This is my problem.

How can I view and use those Transition effects???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick View has a very limited library of effects and transitions and limited control.

For more options, you'll need to go to Expert View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx—can you tell me where the Transitions menu is in Expert ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found it under ADD

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you APPLY a Transition across the ENTIRE video ??

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Transitions menu is under the Transitions button on the button bar along the right side of the interface.

As I show you in my book, you can apply the Default Transition (by default, Cross Dissolve) to all of the selected clips on your timeline at once by right-clicking on your selected group and selecting Apply Default Transition.

You can change the Default Transition by right-clicking on any transition in the Transitions panel and selecting the option to set it as the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can’t apply “interval times” between frames ??? I set the time ( ie 3 seconds/ middle) but the program applies what I assume to be the Default interval time, not my selected time.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to change the duration of the transition or the duration of the images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to change duration of the transition—duration of image is very easily set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Expert mode, double click on the Transition itself.

In the Quick mode, single click on the transition.

You'll get a screen that looks like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines