Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write-On Effect Doesn't Work

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DEAR ADOBE,

The Write - On effect does not work for some reason. I know if you can build a Bezier line in photoshop illustrator and all your other software... I'm sure you can get update the software to actually make this feature work. Please do this as there is no one able to use this feature. Please, allow this feature to work. Even Steve Grisetti says it doesnt work. Sad user.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

I use Premiere elements.  The program does come with the write-on effect.  It can be found in the 'generate' category.  It works very poorly and does not work like Adobe suggests it does.  It has taken me a whole day to trace my name.  Extremely disappointed with this software.  Seems to be really too intense for the program to handle.  All I'm doing is tracing 5 letters.  Give me a break Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum and not a way to contact Adobe. The volunteers here can try to help you solve problems though!

The problem is, we don't know what software you're using. You've posted in the general, all-of-Adobe's clouds, non-support, forum Lounge. If you let us know what software you're using, a moderator can move this thread to an appropriate, product-specific, support forum.

Also, I don't know who Steve Grisetti is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve works in Premiere Elements and (I think) Photoshop Elements

Which program are you writing about, so this message may be moved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... this is about Premiere Elements 15. They actually have a tool that genuinely doesn't work. It's a popular effect at that. Cesarcreate pencil lines of animation during video.

[Moved from the non-technical LOUNGE Forum to an actual Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, I didn't say the Write On effect doesn't work. I said that there IS NO Write On effect in Premiere Elements. That's very different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct... Just so Adobe and anyone else knows... I was wrong... Steve didnt say that. Sorry about that Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere elements.  The program does come with the write-on effect.  It can be found in the 'generate' category.  It works very poorly and does not work like Adobe suggests it does.  It has taken me a whole day to trace my name.  Extremely disappointed with this software.  Seems to be really too intense for the program to handle.  All I'm doing is tracing 5 letters.  Give me a break Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to the manual Elements 15 does have the write on effect.

If its any consultation, the write on effect does not work all that great in Premiere Pro either.

Best is to use Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines