• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts dont work on premiere 23 and premiere Beta 23

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spacebar + A + C+ V+ other keyboard shortcuts don't work after opening the project.

The keyboard works fine on other apps, but not on the Premiere beta 23.1.0 and Premiere 23.0.0

I never had these problems on Premiere 22

Steps to reproduce:
    1. ...

Result: ...
Expected: ...

System info
    Application: Premiere Pro (Beta) v23.1.0.58
    OS: macOS v12.6.1, RAM: 128.00 GB GB, CPUs (logical): 16

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zilvinas! I'm a Quality Engineer on the Premiere team and have also run into this with a couple of others on the team. We suspect this is related to the Text panel. If we are right, this should be fixed with beta build 23.1x62. Do let us know if you see this again in x62 or higher! Thank you very much for reporting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm working on a Mac Pro (Montery, 12.6) (Premiere Pro 23.0.0 Build 63) and i'm also experiencing this. It's really annoying (and it's not in the beta version). I have no idea how to solve this. Is there any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any hope for a fix soon? I was able to get my workflow working in beta, but I would prefer not having 3 verisons on premiere installed on my computer. All shortcuts work great on v22 and 23beta , but in 23 even spacebar is not working and as it is not possible to downgrade a project I am stuck with using beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I know how you feel... sometimes suddenly the keys work again, but I have no idea what triggers the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product is developing well))) The buttons stopped working. Everyone is waiting for improvements and stability in each new version, but here...oops. The prefix "Pro" sounds professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there been a fix for this? This problem should literally be one of the top problems Adobe should be trying to fix. I can't use any keyboards to work with. Can't use space bar at all to play. Hell I cant even use delete to remove clips from my timeline. I can only start and stop, and add in and out points in the program monitor window. But everything else is a dead paper weight. Fix your program Adobe as this is costing me so much time and money to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, is there any news on this? Just installed v23.1 but this doesn't solve the problem. It's getting really annoying by now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue: almost none of the keyboard works and when it does, it's totally random. I'm running 23.1.0 but it was happening with the previous build. I'm on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra 128GB RAM, Ventura 13.2. This totally inexcusable and nd to make matters worse, PP2022 is behaving strangely after upgrade to Ventura. Hey Adobe, have you been on YouTube recently? Noticed the plethora of videos about people switching to Resolve? Do you wonder why? I'm so fed up with this BS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was going crazy.  

This worked in 22, but not in 23.1 Build 86

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have similar issue. I'm unable to assign some commands to specific keys. I want to have shortcuts to switch between Windows:
Z - Timelines ( originally SHIFT+3)
X - Source Monitor (SHFT+2)
C - Projects (SHIFT+1)

If I assign the following keys to commands, it only works until I close the program. After I open it, shortcuts disappears from keyboard menu and doesn't work anymore (program brings back original commands in place of mine). Other commands assigned to these letters works, but not theses specific ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find that every time I make a shortcut using the Y key with or without modifiers, it does not get saved and on quitting and opening PP again, I have to set those shortcuts once more. 23.4.0 (build 56)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Zbyszko Rylec @someTV 

You are dealing with a different keyboard customization bug. See this post. Fixed in Beta 23.5.0.39.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/keyboard-shortcuts-are-lost-and-not-retained-in-23-...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources