• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Beta Bug 24.1.0 BETA Build 25

Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm opening a previously built video file and swapping graphic content of the same size and format (PNG). I've confirmed the graphic being imported is a PNG, no Alpha, same size (everything is a match, except the image). The image being swapped is coming in with a video icon but it's a .PNG. In the timeline it's showing absolutely nothing but if I double click the graphic in the timeline, the source window is showing the image correctly. I've opened the new image and resaved it as a PNG no Alpha but the same thing is happening.

Images and system info attached.

R.Cates
CSI Productions
If you want peace, be peaceful.
Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I added the .PNG (with the video icon) to a different layer on the time line and it shows as expected. One issue is, it has 00:00:00:00 for a timecode readout in the project panel so when I place it on a new layer it only shows 1 frame. Adding a hold frame works to extend it to whatever length I need but that's a workaround. Once doing the above, the previously placed layer (the one I was originally trying to replace), shows the graphic in its colored state - WTF? I do have a version of that graphic in the project but it's not in this section of the project - in fact, the only place it appears is in a nested timeline so it doesn't even live on this timeline.

I've attached screen grabs showing the various states of the edit. Pay attention to the layers on/off state and noticce how I have a fade it but once the time line passes the fade indicator, it's not there. The Adobe programmers should have fun figuring this one out.

The new layer with hold frame. Has video Icon but was imported as a PNG - performing as expected - except it's not a normal .pngThe new layer with hold frame. Has video Icon but was imported as a PNG - performing as expected - except it's not a normal .png

Fading it properly with default transitionFading it properly with default transition

Originally swapped graphic suddenly shows as a color graphic (which it isn't) and disappears after the default transition endsOriginally swapped graphic suddenly shows as a color graphic (which it isn't) and disappears after the default transition ends

Original graphic changed to color version (not in the timeline but in the project) showing. Only visible in the transition area.Original graphic changed to color version (not in the timeline but in the project) showing. Only visible in the transition area.

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "video" icon means you imported the Bug2 png as an image sequence.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back Stan,

In previous Import or Replace dialogs there's been an option to turn on/off importing numeric files as sequences. I've attached a screen grab of my replace dialog. Unless I'm missing something I'm not seeing it. Did they change how to replace something? Maybe that missing option is the bug. BTW This screen Grab is consistent with either Replace or Import.

For anyone else confused by this the workaround is to drag & drop from a finder window. That worked. Hey, it's still in Beta so these things are to be expected.

Pr Beta Import Dialog.png

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows, and if I use the Replace Footage from the Project Panel, I see the "Image Sequence" box. What do you see if you click on the "Show Options" button?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it. I thought in previous versions that just appeared in the dialog w/o having to select options. Whatever, It's not a bug. Thanks Stan!

SOLVED-BAM!.png

R.Cates
CSI Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST