• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sequence transcription not correcting itself when editing the sequence.

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm working on a sequence and am fixing the sequence transcription as I edit.  When I cut portions of the video and audio, the sequence transcription does not cut the video/audio that I cut, so i have an incorrect transcript.  I have to retranscribe the whole sequence, which means that I have to fix the errors from the automated transcription again, which is hours of lost work.  I have not found a way to erase the transcription portions that no longer go with the edit.  I had to export the transcript that I was working on so as to not lose the work, but I'm worried that it will create a mess. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Error , Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gabrielk41156439,

That is the nature of a static/sequence transcript. It does not change as you edit. As you say, you can "Re-Transcribe the sequence," and get a transcript that matches the edited sequence, but it keeps none of the transcript edits you have made. If you use a static/sequence transcript, do not edit the transcript until you are done editing the sequence, and then create the re-transcribed sequence.

The alternative is to work with source media transcripts. These do update with the edits in the sequence. And you can edit as you go and those edits remain. BUT, do not re-transcribe, or you will still lose the edits.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for replying stan. The idea that the transcript is “static” is confusing and unclear. I hope in the future there can be an option to edit the transcript wherever you are working. Think of it as if you couldn’t edit the video on the sequence because it’s “static”. Hard to understand this logic. I know text based editing is new, but it should obey the same logic as if you’re editing any other media in my opinion. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources