• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
0

Using search and delete in Text-Based Editing removes more than requesting!

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a guy say "you know" rendomly 34 times during an interview, so I searched them all... checked that what was found and highlighted was correct (nothing more/nothing less) and deleted all. 
only when checking through my transcript i found it sometimes deleted entire words either side of it so it now made no sense.  

for example: 

"we would have for sure outgrown this space within, you know, a year and a half."

became 
"we would have for sure outgrown this space year and a half."

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Error , Feedback

Views

20

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks to me like punctuation and spaces are issues.

 

Character level deletion/replacement is going to be difficult without some kind of change in the underlying process.

 

I did a simple test searching the word "and" and also added a comma ("and,") with and without a space. You are looking for a comma, space, words, etc.

 

Also, when you do a replace/deletion, it breaks the transcription segment at that point.

 

I have limited time to work on this at the moment. One workaround would be breaking this down to remove the commas manually, and then try to replace the words. But part of my method there would be to test the method. By the time you do that, you'd be better off to just do a search and manually delete.

 

Stan

 

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Resources