• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the Beta version so slow to do anything?

Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I do (ripple delete, add mogrts, or try to adjust the Lumetri color on a picture or a video), it's as if the Beta version is soooooooo slow.  This has NOTHING to do with my computer specs.  I can do the same functions in regular premiere and it works like a champ.  I only decided to open this 3-4 hour Kauai trip project in Beta b/c of all the mpeg errors that PP has right now.  If you're interested in those errors, you might have to go to the PP community.  After the mpeg errors I could no longer preview or play the timeline.  I would have to shut down PP and start again.  It would only happen if I was scrubbing over an iPhone mpeg video.

So Beta why are you so slow to do anything???

Randy

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I guess people are either:
A)  Not using PP Beta
B)  No one is on this community page
C)  No one else is having the issue
D)  Adobe doesn't respond to bug/system issues with PP Beta; or

E)  All of the above

LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C. I havent' noticed any slowdowns.  (In Windows.)

My only hiccup occasionally is that the playback engine crashes.  But then nothing plays, not even Media Player. A reboot fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Randune23,

lol.

I rarely get the super-slow performance reported off and on in the regular and the Beta version forums. I completely reset all preferences, clear the cache, and start new projects in every Beta.

The Beta is just that, and there are regular bugs that come and go. Those I see plenty of.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A) Usage is up; yay!
B) There are plenty of people on this community page
C) No one else has reported having the issue
D) We definitely respond to bugs/issues with the beta
E) All of the above

My answer is E. 🙂

In your original report, you mention timeline editing, using .mogrts, and applying Lumetri; you also say "no matter what I do".  That very general problem statement makes it nearly impossible for us to reproduce the issue, in-house. 

Confirming: This same system & hardware performs great with PPro official releases, but PPro beta performs every action more slowly...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, when I add a mogrt, PPB takes some time and then I have to set in and out points around the mogrt and render the video to see what it will look like (and if I like the end result).

But where I am having my issues is if I even trim a little portion off a clip and ripple delete to clean up the edit, PPB just takes so much longer to allow me to edit, scrub, or play the sequence.  It also goes into a major slowdown (and sometimes locks up and is "Not responding") even if I move clips around on the timeline.

I'm pretty much stuck finishing the edit in PPB b/c if I try to open it up in normal PP, it says this file was created in a newer version and cannot be opened.

I just wish it was faster is all b/c it really delays my editing time.

BTW here are my computer specs if it helps:

• Dell 7820 Precision Workstation
  • Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
  • C-Drive 500 GB NVMe SSD drive
  • D-Drive 1 TB XPG SSD Pro drive
  • E-Drive 4 TB SATA drive
  • G-Drive 1 TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD Pro drive
  • Intel Xeon Silver 4110 CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10GHz
  • 64 Gb RAM
  • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
  •  

Thanks for all of your help on this matter.

Randy

PS It is a long video sequence at 3;45;19;05 

Randune23_0-1694675911564.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling 'Show Duplicate Frame Markers'. There seems to be a bug in the recent releases that will slow timeline navigation to a crawl with complex sequences when this is enabled. This fixed that problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not wrong. It's very slow out here with my brand new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue (with PPB), the minute I start to do anything after just cutting my original footage (eg. adding graphics, colour grading, music etc.) It slows to the point that I cannot use it. I know it is a beta and I'm hoping this will be fixed by the time they release the finished version but it is rather frustrating.

I am using a Mac Studio with specs that should not cause this much lag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources