• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Color in Basic Corrections Lumetri Panel

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m pleased to introduce a newer, fresher version of the “Auto” button in the Basic Corrections section of the Lumetri color panel. Now called “Auto Color,” it provides a fast track for intelligent color correction.  

Note: this was originally introduced as "Auto Tone" and has now been renamed to "Auto Color"

We sat down with an exclusive set of users to test the new version of Auto Color, from novices to color experts. We learned that everyone (even the experts) need a jumping off point for color. Auto Color accelerates the first phase of correcting and enhancing color, while allowing you to tweak the parameters to reflect your personal style. 

Auto Tone Premiere Pro Beta.png

If you are a new user, the Basic Corrections panel is a great place to start. Hit “Auto Color” and start adjusting the sliders to get to know: 

• Temperature 
  • Tint 
  • Exposure 
  • Contrast 
  • Highlights 
  • Shadows 
  • Whites 
  • Blacks 
  • Saturation 

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teresa,

In my testing so far, A-T seems to do mostly decently on the tonal changes it makes. It does struggle with the color at times, especially going too far with saturation lifts. And a bit too far at times with color temp/tint changes.

It rarely seems to under-correct for either temp/tint or sat. So I would suggest dialing back the amount of color change it makes just a bit.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Premiere Pro to version 22.0   I was looking for the Auto Tone button, however my still reads Auto. Was Auto Tone button only in the Beta version?

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a few things from the public beta that weren't included in the first 22.x "shipping" release. This might have been one, I forgot to check yesterday if it was there!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question, I am wondering if there is a way to add the auto tone lumetri effect to all of the clips in a timeline/sequence in one click. This is a great addition, if you could add this to all of the clips in a timeline that would be revolutionary. That would allow us to basically put a lut on all of the clips in a timeline immediatley (helps in assembly with LOG footage and footage that is already color corrected).

I have a timeline of documentary footage with 9 different cameras. If I could add auto tone to all of the clips that would save me putting seperate lumetri color effects on basically 10,000 clips as I do the assembly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be nifty if one could give it a default setting. From testing, I think it does about an 85% job on tonal corrections, though I normally zero out it's WB/sat settings. But still, getting that close on tonal stuff "bang" is great.

One thing I would suggest, especiall as you're working with mulitple cameras ... bulk corrections applied to the clips in a bin! I covered this with my 2021 MAX S565 session, "Thinking like a Colorist: Color Correction in Premiere Pro". Free for anyone to watch the half-hour show.

Take a camera, make a sequence of maybe one or a few clips from it. If multiple clips, do the Lumetri in an Adjustment layer so it applies to all clips. With one clip, just use the Lumetri panel in the color workspace on the clip.

Now ... "normalize" that clip to the tonal settings and color settings that work for that camera. Including using the Curves tab for any hue modifications to make it more "blendable" with other cams say if the skin tones are slightly yellower or greens a bit towards blue or yellow comparatively.

Now go to the Lumetri tab's 3-bar menu, and select "save as preset". Name and describe what happens in it.

Do that for your other cams in normal use.

Now ... you can simply select a bin of clips, drag/drop the appropriate preset you've made onto the group, and that Lumetri instance will be applied to all of the clips' "Source" settings. And show in any use of any bit of any of those clips anywhere in the project.

This is the fast and accurate way to 'normalize' tons of clips in bulk corrections. Doing this can make shotmatching so much faster and better in results.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a solution, yes. But, if possible, you need to do it in the Lumetri panel. I think it will be right and everything will be in one place. Now, if you hadn't reminded me about applying the settings to the source in the effects panel, I wouldn't have remembered about it. Although I've heard before that there is such a possibility. You need to organize and focus all the color functions on one page. In fact, if you look at all the workspaces separately, they are empty. You need to make sure that each working panel performs only its functions and everything is grouped for configuration. Now everything is scattered and there is no order when working with the same color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully fully support this idea 👋 This is necessary in view of the batch match of frames among themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Adobe Premiere Pro Beta 22.3 and don't see the Auto Tone feature:2022-02-19_11-34-51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just showing Auto these days. It's the 'upgraded' version, but they seem to have dropped the "Tone" in the name.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why auto tone is not  in Adobe Premiere pro 2022??? it should be in Adobe premeire pro 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you have the Auto option appearing? That's it ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Currently available only in the Beta version of Premiere. We are waiting for it to be implemented in the final product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources