• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beta build unusable

LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reinstalled the public beta several times.

I can't get it to download and actually apply my CC settings. I can't get it to actually OPEN a project created in a 2023 created Production. At least, as far as say ... showing ANY panels.

I get a blank screen. As in ...

RNeilHaugen_0-1660603003532.png

I can't get the workspaces to actually do anything from the menu, they're grayed out.

I can't get it to 'see' any of my prefs or keyboard shortcuts, my 7 custom workspaces, zilch. I do get a panel that opens on another monitor with the Production panel on it.

If I click a project in that Production panel, I get a cascade of panels across that screen ... Timeline, Program Monitor, Source, and ECP panels. All in a cascade of separate panels.

This is totally unworkable.

Win 10, Ryzen 3960X 24 core, 128GB of RAM, 2080Ti, and every other version back to Pr2019 operating perfectly on this machine.

Neil

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Feedback , Performance , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Build 19 is totally unusable. Kept crashing.

Had to downgrade my project to continue in 2022.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know.  We're looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Francis!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avoid beta builds 23.0 build 15 – 19.  We've discovered a couple of major issues that affect beta builds in this range 15 (Aug 9) – 19 (Aug 12).  Build 19 is the most recent build available at the time of this writing.  We hope to have this fixed in the next few days.  If you see an update available please download it and let us know how it goes. Thanks for your patience.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francis,

After uninstalling the previous build, I installed the newest one (26) and it at least works.

However, even after it says it downloads my profile, it still will not apply my CC Preferences, load my custom workspaces or keyboard shorts.

Until such time as it does, it's nearly unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear it's working for you, @R Neil Haugen, but we still think build 26 has some major issues that we are still working through.  The other issue you mention is not related, but we are working to fix it: not migrating your user settings over to the new version.  I'm sure you know how to do this, but for others who may find this thread, this is how you fix it manually – copy everything from here 
~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro (Beta)/22.0/Profile-[YOUR USERNAME]

to here

~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro (Beta)/23.0/Profile-[YOUR USERNAME].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping you get that fixed so it's NOT a manual process to migrate.   😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am skipping a few builds for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources