• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug/Request: Render & Replace - ProRes Proxy

Participant ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a missing preset in Render & Replace. Would love to see Adobe add "ProRes Proxy" preset to "Render & Replace" feature. 

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_eaxXaOXZ97.png

ProRes Proxy is what I use for my video previews in sequence settings, so it makes no sense that it's not available as an option in Render & Replace. It's a very easy preset for Adobe to add. This will be specially helpful for people who use Smart Rendering & use ProRes Proxy video previews

in sequence settings

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_pjurLyzgWD.png

Why is this important? Because if my clip codec matches my video preview sequence settings, it completely removes any color bars from video and playback is perfectly smooth:

(look at clip on right compared to clip on left....clip on right doesn't even have any color on work bar because its codec matches my sequence video preview settings)

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_IqGpifOqGh.png

So yea, would be awesome if Premiere Pro added ProRes Proxy as a preset for "render and replace" since I use ProRes Proxy for my sequence video previews settings. 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Win10 laptop, these are the options in the Pr public beta  QuickTime sequence Render & Replace options ... so I wonder why it isn't there on yours? It is on mine.

Neil

QuickTime R&R Options.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because your looking at video preview sequence settings, which has the ProRes Proxy preset. 

In the post, I was referring to "render and replace". Right click on a clip on your timeline, click on "render and replace" and you'll see that ProRes Proxy preset is missing in both Pr and Pr Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, it is there on mine ... even when I show the R&R screen.

ProRes Proxy Preset in R and R options.PNG

Because I'd used the Import Preset option, after making a ProRes Proxy .epr export encoding preset in media encoder long time ago.

Which I'd forgotten I'd done, actually. It's a handy R&R for low-size, quick-playback work. Sorry for not including the full details.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources