• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss : Intel Hardware Accelerated Encode for 10 bit 4:2:0 HEVC

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest Adobe Premiere Pro Beta build we have enabled Hardware Accelerated Encoding using INTEL GPU cards for 10 bit 4:2:0 HEVC in Rec 2020, Rec 2100 HLG and Rec 2100 PQ.

What does this mean for you?

Export times for 10 bit 4:2:0 HEVC in Rec 2020, Rec 2100 HLG and Rec 2100 PQ are significantly faster on supported Intel hardware. 

HEVC 4:2:0 10 bit encode is supported on Intel 9th, Intel 10th, Intel 11th and Intel 12th Generation Intel® Core™ processors. If you have any of these Intel processors on your Windows machine, you will be able to use this feature.

To enable this option, select HEVC from the Format drop-down under Export Settings. Then under the Video tab, go to Encoding Settings and set the Performance to Hardware Encoding. 

10BitExport.png

This feature is enabled in Adobe Premiere Pro Beta and Adobe Media Encoder Beta.

Please try it out and share your feedback!

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback , Performance , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news in terms of performance. Could you consider optimizing media with a 4:2:2 subcriding color depth - 10 Bit color space BT-2020. In the latest version of Pro 22.2, all users have poor viewing performance, both in the original monitor and in the software. There are lags and freezes on the timeline with a large number of frame skips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a specification - I9 9900K, 8-Core, 16-Thread; Nvidia RTX 2070 Super, 8-GPU; RAM - 32 GB; M.2 - 3500 mb/s.

I understand that you will now say that this processor does not support hardware acceleration for 4:2:2, but damn it, do something to facilitate these media. It is not yet possible to switch to the Core I9 of the 13th generation. I know that most ordinary users work with just such a specification.

I'll be glad to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 9th generation Intel i9 i9-9900K 8 core 6.6 GHz processor on a Mac and I can't get hardware acceleration with HVEC Profile Main 10. It takes 5 days to encode a video for me in HDR. It sounds like it should work for me. Sure wish I could get it to work. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The processor is a 3.6 GHz 9900K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not getting any hardware encoding even on 4:2:0 Main 10 HDR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources