• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss: New Metadata & Timecode Burn-in effect

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New in Premiere Pro Beta 15.2, the Metadata & Timecode Burn-in effect replaces the existing Clip Name and Timecode effects. This new effect takes advantage of our modern graphics engine and GPU acceleration for smooth playback while also offering an array of new types of metadata that you can burn into your video whether you need a simple watermark, timecode burn-in, or detailed attributes for high-end VFX workflows.

The Metadata & Timecode Burn-in effect can display 6 types of timecode and 20 types of project metadata. Apply the effect to a single clip or to an Adjustment Layer over your whole timeline. When applied to an Adjustment Layer you can set the Source Track the effect will read. Or, leave it set to Top Clip and the effect will use whichever clip is on the highest track. If you often need to display more than one type of metadata, you can apply another instance of the effect and then create an Effects Preset containing all your instances of the effect in one easy to re-use preset.

As we continue working to finish up this new effect we may make modifications that will cause existing versions of the effect to appear offline. If this happens you will need to re-apply the effect.

Note: Metadata & Timecode Burn-in effect is not yet available on Apple silicon Macs, but will be coming soon. If you use an M1 Mac and want to test this effect, you can run the Premiere Pro Beta in Rosetta mode by opening the Beta section in Creative Cloud, finding Premiere Pro, then choosing "Open (Intel)" from the ellipses (three dots) menu.

We look forward to your feedback on this new effect. Thank you!

Metadata & Timecode Burn-in in the Effects panelMetadata & Timecode Burn-in in the Effects panel

Metadata and Timecode options in the new effectMetadata and Timecode options in the new effect

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great new feature!

I'd like an option in the list for Date and Time, showing when the clip was shot.

In nearly every video I make, I need to know what time it was when it the clip was shot. I believe some cameras record special metadata for this, while others like GoPro just have the creation date. Being able to display this onscreen via a plug-in would be a tremendous benefit. Today I have to use a different NLE in order to retrieve this info from my timeline clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will it be available on M1 macs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hardi5CAE The new Metadata & Timecode Burn-in effect is working great on M1 Macs. You can try it on by downloading the latest Premiere Pro (Beta). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works on intel Beta, but I'm not moving my whole project to a beta software just for one plugin.

I downloaded the beta and used it and it is great and all, but I would like to be abel to do everything in a full functioning app. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No date has been established, for when the Metadata effect will graduate from beta to official release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell if this is a bug or it's not intended to be used this way, but whenever I use sequence clip name I still only get the name of the video clip the effect is on. I thought that it would show you the name of the sequence.

If it's not intended to be used that way, could there be an option for this? It would be very handy so that when I update the version number of the sequence that burn in will automatically update with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

a very intersting addition to Premiere Pro!

Would it be possible to open the metadata effect also for project metadata (via a drop down menu or freetype field)?

If one is using custom asset metadata those can't be shown for the time being.

Bernhard22447005lx4m_0-1650612025801.png

Best,

Ben | Helmut4 engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this effect, its professional and really needed for sound turn overs and so on.

Can the effect only function on clips and transparent video layers? It doesnt seem to work on adjustment layers - why is that? For example when you need to burn in the TC from an audio track for a sound turn over, you would need to use a transparent video layer to do this, correct? If you wanted to only have one instance of the effect over the whole sequence, and not have to past it on to multiple clips.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apologies Ben, did not mean to reply to you there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this effect, its professional and really needed for sound turn overs and so on.

Can the effect only function on clips and transparent video layers? It doesnt seem to work on adjustment layers - why is that? For example when you need to burn in the TC from an audio track for a sound turn over, you would need to use a transparent video layer to do this, correct? If you wanted to only have one instance of the effect over the whole sequence, and not have to past it on to multiple clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful addition. I just ran into a hurdle with the current release and was hoping that this may be an option in Beta. I can now accurately burn TC of my 119.88 fps clips. I am also very appreciative of the "video resolution" & "frame rate" burn I had been doing those manually a year ago, but stopped because it was becoming too labor intensive. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm at the moment extensively testing metadata for proxies, selects and previews. First of all, really useful that's coming!

I would like to see the effect working a bit differntly. Now for each Metadata you want to burn in, you need a new effect. It would be convinient to have one in which ou can choose how many lines of data you need. (can this effect auto adjust the scaling of the fonts if zou put zor safed preset onto different sequence sizes?)

For it to become a real game changer for use in feautre and documentary, it would be fantastic if you could use the effect in media encoder as well? Say ou make a preset for proxy generations,  and automatically all proxies get the metadata burnt-in.

Also it would be verz handy to burn-in the sequenze name as well? The Effect  in the mediaencoder would also make perfectly sense for Dailies timelines, where you put the Metadata FX on in the FX Tab of Media Encoder, and don't have to set up timelines with the effect put into an extra adjustmentlayer? 

Please let me know what you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, this basic feature has been in the pipeline for over a year now.

With NO ALTERNATIVE way to output a file with source timecode burnt in (the obsolete one does not support 100fps) this is highly un-Pro, Premiere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this taking so long to get out of Beta? I'm not able to understand why I have to sit here and tell the old FX the frame rate of every clip in my cut manually in 2023.  Please explain that to me Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Why is this taking so long to get out of Beta?

Because we're prioritizing quality, by fixing all known issues before officially releasing it. 

[We are also very eager to ship it.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happy this is in the works! id like to add additionnal burn in overlay options,

-bin location (complete bin location or direct bin name)

the purpose is to have labels on my clips, which would always be the name of the bin for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest beta (23.3.0 build 48) - metadata effect now includes audio channels and is way more than just source timecode now.
Export presets doesn't appear to work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what way do export presets not appear to work?

Steps to reproduce?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made an Idea post but adding my voice here as well. 

The plugin is lacking customization.

-We can't have elements be center or right aligned so doing clip names e.g. you always need to place it left of the screen otherwise it doesn't look right when a clip suddenly has twice as long of a name as the previous one.

-There is no font customization option.

-Would like to see Sequence Name added as option so you can always see where it was exported from even if the exported filename gets lost in translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So nice to see you "here" also, Shebbe! Great to get more good experienced folks posting suggestions ... thanks for popping in!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me.

Trying to use Broadcast wav polyphonic (BWF.P) .wav files.  I'm getting significant time-code offset.  AKA: Wrong TimeCode Numbers.   Not sure why.   From other forum posts, it seems to be a thing with BWF's metadata in general:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/importing-wav-results-in-incorrect-timecode-...

Attached is a screengrab as illustration.  (look at the playhead, the actual timecode in the source window, and what the effect is ultimately displaying)

Is there any way to acces the XMP metadata as an option and display the Dynaminc Media -> Start Timecode -> Time Value?

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 1.23.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Path 88 Productions Could you share a screenshot of the Metadata effect settings you have here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.  You can see how the code is offset between the engaged effect's dispay and the source file's starting timecode.

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 12.24.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Path 88 Productions thanks. Does it work if you change the Metadata to use Sound Timecode instead? If not, would you be able to send me a sample file so I can take a look? If so, feel free to DM me and we can coordinate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for popping in, Matt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources