Exit

Discuss: ProRes RAW support

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone:

The following Beta applications support import of ProRes RAW footage:
- After Effects (Beta) 17.1.0.33 (and later)
- Media Encoder (Beta) 14.2.0.1 (and later)
- Premiere Pro (Beta) 14.2.0.1 (and later)
- Premiere Rush (Beta) 1.5.9.4 (and later)

System Requirements for macOS:
  • macOS Catalina 10.15 (or later)
  • macOS Mojave 10.14.5 (or later); requires user-installation of Pro Video Formats 2.1.1 (or later) from Apple. Such Pro Video Formats are NOT licensed or supported by Adobe and are subject to Apple Terms and Conditions

The Metal renderer must be selected for use in the applications (this is already the default setting):
  • After Effects (Beta): File > Project Settings... > Video Rendering and Effects > select "Mercury GPU Acceleration (Metal)"
  • Media Encoder (Beta): Preferences > General > Video Rendering > select Renderer: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended"
  • Premiere Pro (Beta): File < Project Settings > General > select Renderer: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended"

System Requirements for Windows:
  • NVIDIA GPU with the latest drivers. 4GB or more Video Memory recommended.
  • Required user-installation of ProRes RAW Decoder from Apple. ProRes RAW Decoder is NOT licensed or supported by Adobe and is subject to Apple Terms and Conditions

The CUDA renderer must be selected for use in the applications:
  • After Effects (Beta): File > Project Settings... > Video Rendering and Effects > Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA)
  • Media Encoder (Beta): Edit > Preferences > General > Video Rendering > select Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) - Recommended
  • Premiere Pro (Beta): File > Project Settings > General > select Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) - Recommended

We look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,
Manish Kulkarni
Adobe
TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi everyone,

ProRes RAW support is now available in the released (non-Beta) versions of:
- After Effects 17.1
- Media Encoder 14.2
- Premiere Pro 14.2
- Premiere Rush 1.5.12

For System Requirements, please see: https://www.adobe.com/go/proresraw

Thank you to all for your feedback during the Feature Development. We will post a new discussion thread when we make further enhancements to ProRes RAW support.

Manish

PS: In case you don't see the above updates, try "Check for updates" from the He

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Hi Everyone:

We have now added support of ProresRaw on Intel and AMD GPU based systems on Windows platform.

The following Beta applications support import of ProRes RAW footage:

- Media Encoder (Beta) 14.3.2_36 (and later)

- Premiere Pro (Beta) 14.3.2_40 (and later)

- After Effects (Beta) 17.1.4_001

- Premiere Rush (Beta) 1.5.29_002

System Requirements:

Intel Integrated or AMD GPU with the latest drivers. 4GB or more Video Memory recommended for AMD GPU cards.

Required user-installation of

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 112 Replies 112
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the info and the sample clip you posted. We are actively investigating issue with ProRes RAW and Nikon/ NinjaV incorrect color.

Best,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here, blown out exposure and oversaturated colors, especially reds, despite everything looking correct on the scopes when recorded (Nikon Z6 via Ninja V, ProRes RAW). Thanks for working this issue.

Sample.Still001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to recover highlights through the "Source Settings" screen (first need to "Disable Masterclips Effect" to access it). The problem we're left now is with crap colour science because Adobe is missing the RAW to Log transform for this footage (waiting 3 weeks without an update now). Hope they can provide an update or at least show progress in some way * cough RAW to Log transform field in Source Settings cough*.

I mean, a temporary workaround/placeholder (S-Log3/S-Gamut3) shouldn't take that long to implement while they figure out the proper debayer/transform with Nikon. So frustrating sometimes and this is coming from someone who used to manage a software development support hub. More transparency Adobe peeps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been a month. Got an update ? Seriously man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It claims that proress Raw files are "Unknown compression type"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello bosk_2016

I will contact you directly about this issue.

Best,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I have the latest 14.2.0 (build 5) and I am also getting this "Unknown compression type" error. I have downloaded and installed the Apple driver ProRes RAW Decoder , rebooted my computer and have all of the system requirements met. Am I missing something? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there I imported some prores raw footage to premiere and i encounter this error. I thought you guys added support for this codec on the latest beta version. Is there something im doing wrong on my end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mangual,

we currently have it available in private beta - subject to change shortly!

I'll post to this thread once we have a public build that has it.

Stay tuned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAWRAWCOLOR CORRECTEDCOLOR CORRECTEDThank you guys for your hard work. Now i am able to edit raw footage. Is working great so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R. Mangual,
Glad you have ProRes RAW imports working now. 

-Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I followed the above instructions. And downloaded the BETA decoder to test it out. No luck on my end. I even updated my Premiere Pro CC to 14.0.1. And restarted my computer. Thoughts? My rig: i7-8700 | Nvidia 1080TI | 32 RAM | NVME Main Drive. Recording to an Atomos Inferno. Tested both ProResRAW and ProResRAW HQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.0.1 is a little old; could you confirm the PPro version, from the About box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Sorry ... I just did the update and read that number. Now that I got into Premiere and clicked the About. Its ver 14.0.4 (Build 18)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the official release version of PPro, not the Beta version (which contains ProRes RAW support).

Manish/Patrick, perhaps you could provide some guidance? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH I see ... I didnt realize there was a separate BETA Premiere Pro running around ... Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I guess we can't get a link for the Beta version ... would be nice to test this out. Considering most of us are just home and hanging out. these days 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update ... I found it in my CreativeCloud ... thanks. Woot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arden,

I will reach out to you directly and get you set up for Beta.

Best,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

I'll reach out to you and we can make that happen. 

Thanks,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Users should be downloading 14.2 series from Beta Apps on Creative Cloud. Try "Check for Updates" to refresh listing.

-Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On Updates Page, try "Check for Updates" in the pull down "...." menu on right-hand side to refresh listing.

-Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done that. Several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources