Exit

Discuss: ProRes RAW support

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone:

The following Beta applications support import of ProRes RAW footage:
- After Effects (Beta) 17.1.0.33 (and later)
- Media Encoder (Beta) 14.2.0.1 (and later)
- Premiere Pro (Beta) 14.2.0.1 (and later)
- Premiere Rush (Beta) 1.5.9.4 (and later)

System Requirements for macOS:
  • macOS Catalina 10.15 (or later)
  • macOS Mojave 10.14.5 (or later); requires user-installation of Pro Video Formats 2.1.1 (or later) from Apple. Such Pro Video Formats are NOT licensed or supported by Adobe and are subject to Apple Terms and Conditions

The Metal renderer must be selected for use in the applications (this is already the default setting):
  • After Effects (Beta): File > Project Settings... > Video Rendering and Effects > select "Mercury GPU Acceleration (Metal)"
  • Media Encoder (Beta): Preferences > General > Video Rendering > select Renderer: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended"
  • Premiere Pro (Beta): File < Project Settings > General > select Renderer: "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended"

System Requirements for Windows:
  • NVIDIA GPU with the latest drivers. 4GB or more Video Memory recommended.
  • Required user-installation of ProRes RAW Decoder from Apple. ProRes RAW Decoder is NOT licensed or supported by Adobe and is subject to Apple Terms and Conditions

The CUDA renderer must be selected for use in the applications:
  • After Effects (Beta): File > Project Settings... > Video Rendering and Effects > Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA)
  • Media Encoder (Beta): Edit > Preferences > General > Video Rendering > select Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) - Recommended
  • Premiere Pro (Beta): File > Project Settings > General > select Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) - Recommended

We look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,
Manish Kulkarni
Adobe
TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi everyone,

ProRes RAW support is now available in the released (non-Beta) versions of:
- After Effects 17.1
- Media Encoder 14.2
- Premiere Pro 14.2
- Premiere Rush 1.5.12

For System Requirements, please see: https://www.adobe.com/go/proresraw

Thank you to all for your feedback during the Feature Development. We will post a new discussion thread when we make further enhancements to ProRes RAW support.

Manish

PS: In case you don't see the above updates, try "Check for updates" from the He

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Hi Everyone:

We have now added support of ProresRaw on Intel and AMD GPU based systems on Windows platform.

The following Beta applications support import of ProRes RAW footage:

- Media Encoder (Beta) 14.3.2_36 (and later)

- Premiere Pro (Beta) 14.3.2_40 (and later)

- After Effects (Beta) 17.1.4_001

- Premiere Rush (Beta) 1.5.29_002

System Requirements:

Intel Integrated or AMD GPU with the latest drivers. 4GB or more Video Memory recommended for AMD GPU cards.

Required user-installation of

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 112 Replies 112
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flyingskiguy ,

I will reach out to you directly to get you added.

-Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a 14.2 available in my CC Desktop App beta builds ... the newest is 14.1.0.106.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

We are investigating if we have a build sever issue for today's posting of the latest Premiere beta build.
Need a few minutes and will provide an update.

-Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

We have identified the issue and are working on a solution to get a Premiere Pro 14.2.0.x beta build posted to Creative Cloud which will support ProRes RAW decodes. The current Premiere Pro Beta build that is downloading from Creative Cloud is a 14.1 series and it will not support ProRes RAW.

We apologize for the inconvenience to all our Premiere Pro Beta users.

-Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

We have resolved the issue and the Premiere Pro Beta build 14.2.0.5 should now be listed on the Creative Cloud "Updates" page. If you do not see that version listed, please use the drop down menu "...." (right side of page) and perform a "Check for Updates" to refresh the build listings on that page.

Thank you all for your patience today.

Best,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, we are still in the process of rolling out access to the beta apps worldwide. We’re hoping to have them enabled for all CC users in the next day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you edit Apple Prores RAW...just with Basic corection in lumetry color? Or its for Apple prores RAW something new? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markowolf1,

You can use the clip's source settings which has an "exposure" option or Lumetri Color correction options when working with ProRes RAW files in this current release.

Best,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Z6 raw file, the colors looks strange.
Seems that Premiere doesn't show native colors but a more saturated preset.
Is there any possibility at import to recover the "flat" raw file colors ?
On FCP, I can do that through a function on file, called 'Raw to log conversion'. I can make a selection within different log like C-log or S-log... Really handy to apply luts and get full power of the raw.

I join an exemple below.

Thanks, Martin

raw-screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Z6 raw file, the colors looks strange.
On FCP, I can do that through a function on file, called 'Raw to log conversion'. I can make a selection within different log like C-log or S-log... Really handy to apply luts and get full power of the raw.

I join an exemple below.

Thanks, Martin

raw-screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Z6 raw file, the colors look strange.
On FCP, I can do that through a function on file, called 'Raw to log conversion'. I can make a selection within different log like C-log or S-log... Really handy to apply Luts and get the full power of the raw.

I join an example below.

Thanks, Martin

raw-screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I would be interested in getting th latest Beta version if possible... I downloaded the PP beta and it is the 14.0 version. Any way you could link me to the latest version with PRR capabilities? Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jonathang35395647,

Do you have a Windows system with a Nvidia graphics card? If using an AMD Radeon card, there is currently no support for ProRes RAW decode with that configuration on Windows.

Best,
Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Martie. Manish just pointed that out to me. That is a huge bummer. I waited sooo long for this to come out and now my GFX card is not compatible. Hopefully support comes soon enough becuase lord knows there are going to be a lot of poeple in my situation. Thank you for the response!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Please see the System Requirements for ProRes RAW support:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-prores-raw-support/td-p/11013854

An NVIDIA card is required on Windows.

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way of running this with a radeon graphics card? If not, will this be something that will change or will it only be available to be use with NVIDIA? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking into expanding Windows support to include other GPUs in the future.
For now, an NVIDIA card is required for Windows support.

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa that is brutal. Hopefully that support comes sooner than later. I know you all are working hard at getting this out, but that would have been nice to know. Any other restrictions people should be aware of when the non-beta version rolls out? Thank you for your assistance thus far. 

~Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Will the new premier pro have the update for radeon cards ? I look forward to work with raw files

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a timeline for when AMD GPUs will be supported? I have a professional AMD Radeon Frontier Edition with 16GB of VRam. I figure this will be supported when we have OpenCL compatibility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Z6 raw file, the colors look strange.
On FCP, I can do that through a function on file, called 'Raw to log conversion'. I can make a selection within different log like C-log or S-log... Really handy to apply Luts and get the full power of the raw.

I join an example below.
raw-screen.jpg

Thanks, Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

For ProRes RAW color corrections, you can use:
- ProRes RAW Source Settings to adjust Exposure

- Lumetri Color for all other adjustments

We are looking into adding other controls in the future.

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Manish, I tried both.

But the trouble is that it is impossible to recover the flat file to make some edit.
Exposure correction is cool but incomplete, the Z6 raw file opened in premiere looks unreal and saturated (first image on preview).
That makes the edit with lumetri pretty hard...

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Understood; we are looking into enhancing the color correction workflow.
Thank you for engaging in the conversation and for your feedback.

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alchemivision,

Thank you for supplying some feedback on your Panasonic ProResRAW workflow in our beta program. In Premiere, we are currently debayering to 709 linear and applying gamma 2.4. For now, adjustments can be done with exposure option in source settings and Color Lumetri contols. With yours and other valuable user feedback, we are discussing future options for color correction workflows. 

Best,

Martie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources