Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FX badge color code missing in new clip redesign

Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been mucking about with this, but

I do miss the color code (gray, green yellow, purple)

I used them to see in a glance if an effect was applied or not.

Now I have to mouse over the FX badge as they all have the same color

Or make sure the ECP is open and clip is selected.

Or am I missing something here............

AnnBens_0-1705177297070.png

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pierce Klinke

Dont count on it. When its gone its usually means it is gone forever.

This new FX feature is completely useless to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be your fav, but realistically, across the full user base, a lot of users like the new colors and options we haven't had before. It ain't going back, there would be a much larger howl over that. Ah well.

As an example, some of the more curmudgeonly editors I know online were initially outraged, went to the "Vibrant" set to show how incredibly awful this could be ... and loved it. Yup.

So ... first, you can customize that in ways you couldn't before, and save your customized label setups.

Next ... please post specifics about what changes you want to be more effective working a sequence. Politely, as that tends to be a far more effective way at influencing change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @R Neil Haugen , the new label colors are great. We are speaking about removing fx badge colors (gray, green yellow, purple) which are a huge aid for editors to know what's exactly is going on each clip without going into effect controls panel. Actually, I'm still on 24.3 only because of they removed that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"We" of course depends on which we's comment we are talking about.

The main problems I have are

1) the Fx badges, two things. First, they are in the way there too near a cut/edit point, and second, losing the color coding from before was not an improvement.

2) The waveform changes ... two issues again. The new flat top  due to the space left across the entire clip for the tiny Fx badge too near the cut point, and the ugly and nearly useless flat top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources