• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri GPU accelleration broken, also CUDA integration completely broken - Beta v25.1.0.16

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE 9-18-24:  This has been fixed in 25.1.0.17

As the subject says, the Lumetri GPU accelleration is completely broken, making playback fall entirely on the CPU. Also it is not possible for me to select the GPU accellerated Tetrahedral 3D Lut interpolation, as it is greyed out.

I updated to this new version this morning (I'm in Italy so you do the math), yesterday's version was working with GPU acceleration fine. 

Needless to say, it made the software basically unusable and I can't revert to the stable release for the projects I'm working on. 

Here's details on my system:

Asus ProArt Studiobook H7604J

Intel Core i9-13980HX

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060 8GB Internal

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB External (via Thunderbolt 3)

32GB DDR5 SODIMM

System 1TB NVMe Gen4

Media 2TB NVME Gen3

EDIT: after checking further, it's safe to say the latest update completely broke CUDA integration. 

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Premiere Beta v25.1.0.17 just dropped and it fixed the problem for me. Thanks for the quick update and fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here. Yesterday's version was fine. Just pulled an update and GPU acceleration is gone. This is on an RTX 3090.

Updated to the latest Studio Driver, but no change.

Cannot select Tetrahedral anymore etierh (greyed out). Also in the new Lumetri Panel "Settings" tab under Preferences --> Display Color the box "Display Color Management" is greyed out and says it requires GPU acceleration. My whole timeline is red and I cannot playback anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, forgot to screenshot the Display Color Management greyed out. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested: also affects Media encoder. I can only set "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only", same as in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a "Workaround":
If you're a bit in a hurry like me go to your Adobe Creative Cloud App, go to "Apps" on the left pane, then "Beta" at the top pane. Click on the Three dots next to "Premiere Pro (Beta)", choose "Other Versions" and install 25.0.

v25.0 opened my upgraded Production just fine. I'm sure there are features missing, but at least I can continue.

Note: After installing the old version you have to re-enable GPU Acceleration in your Project/Production settings. WAs still on Software-Only for me.

Not a fix, but maybe helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and make sure to disable Auto-Update for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you switch to an older version, the auto-update is disabled as a consequence. At least that lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the workaround works find, but I think the problem is more serious as before switching I went to check the Productions general settings (if you are working in a one project environement the settings are the same), and there's no way to switch from Mercury Playback to a GPU accellerated one.

I think the new update completely broke the CUDA integration.Screenshot 2024-09-17 184810.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting it. We are actively looking into this.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Beta v25.1.0.17 just dropped and it fixed the problem for me. Thanks for the quick update and fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with warp stabilizer and I suspect the issue is the native renderer.  It is stuck on mercury playback engine software only and I can't change it. HOWEVER, when I open regular Premiere Pro, I have no issues. I can change it and my video card is available. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be an issue in Beta but not regular? And if this can't be fixed, is there a way to transfer all my work in my timeline to regular premiere pro? 

I just updated my 1090 Nvidia and am using studio mode. 96gb Ram. 

I have attached screenshots, one of the working regular premiere,  and one of the not working beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not the 1090, NVidia 4090

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your card to the most current Studio Driver.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/

Warp Stabilizer not working is most likely a separate issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I tried that. I tried both game mode and studio mode with
the newest driver updates and they both had the same result. I'm still able
to access the driver with premier pro stable, but I am unable to click
anything on beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultvqfvuwjxey8z ,

Thanks for reporting it. We are actively looking into this.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all.

Renderer is set to Software Only and is greyed out so the drop-down menu can't be used to select CUDA.

It worked in the previous beta. So I've reverted to version 25.0 until a fix for 25.1 arrives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a 24 core Ryzen 3960x w 2080Ti and even on earlier or latest driver, I'm also locked to software only. No CUDA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil.

So what happens if you roll back to Beta v25.0? This brought back CUDA rendering again for me.

And 25.0 can open projects that were saved in 25.1, so no need to worry about backward compatability.

If you decide to give it a try, let me know if it works for you too.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check that out tomorrow. Thanks for the post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest beta I'm not able to set the playback engine to GPU/CUDA. It's greyed out on Software. Anyone know how to fix this? I have a 4090 and tried installing the latest drivers which didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Shebbe - Please see top post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, seems fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources