• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mousewheel jogging/input preferences

Participant ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting in here because I've read the devs pay more attention to the beta forums than the main release.

Please bring back mouse wheel jogging when hovering over the program/source monitors, I really can't stand the new mouse behaviour and having to hover over the small timecode area to jog is incredibly annoying. Might not seem like a big deal on paper but in practice, having to intentionally seek out a small spot on screen to scub the timeline when you used to be able to just flick the mouse between the monitors instantaneously is incredibly frustating.

The best solution would be to have a button/keyboard shortcut that simply switches between jogging/continous zoom functionality. Allowing the option to adjust mouse input preferences the same as keyboard shortcuts would be another solution, but I feel like a toggle between one functionality or the other would be better. Don't cripple people who've relied on one way of using your software for years by catering to a new group.

Personally I think it's a nice feature to have but I rarely do any kind of design etc. work within Premiere that benefits from zooming in, maybe once a week if not less than that do I ever change the zoom on my program monitor. Most of the work I do that requires that kind of functionality gets saved for After Effects. But I use the mouse to quicly jog a few frames in the monitors CONSTANTLY, I didn't even realize how often until this change. I've accidentally zoomed the monitors at least a dozen times in the last hour just acting on instinct.

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When drawing masks that go outside the bounds of the window, dealing with the dropdown for scaling wasn't ideal. I think I prefer this new behaviour. It also behaves more similarly to After Effects, which is a bit of a plus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's very useful for the times you need it for sure, but that's why I think it should be toggle to switch between the two functionalities. I edit roughly 2,000 videos a year and I use program/source monitor jogging constantly in every edit, vs needing to adjust zoom a handful of times and I can't be the only one frustrated by this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources