• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Now in Beta: Continuous Zoom and Pan now available in Premiere Pro

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note: This feature has been updated, please refer to the ‘Updates’ section at the end of this post.

Whether you’re trying to move titles or graphics more precisely, checking a clip for unwanted artifacts, or getting a closer look at a mask that you’re drawing, starting with Adobe Premiere Pro 24.4 Beta you can freely zoom into and out of the Program, Source, and Reference monitors quickly and conveniently using the scroll behaviour of your mouse, trackpad, or pen and tablet. Additionally, scroll bars appear to show you the position of your content within each Monitor.

PalashSanjayKotgirwar_0-1711304400261.png

Details of this feature’s use include:

• When using mouse scroll wheels, magic mouse scrolling, and tablet scrolling, zooming is anchored to the centre of the monitor view. For these devices, holding Opt/Alt + Scroll lets you zoom into the pointer’s position onscreen, so you can zoom directly into any detail you choose.
  • When using trackpad pinch, zooming is anchored to the cursor. In this case, holding Opt/Alt + pinch lets you zoom while keeping the image centred to the monitor view.
  • Holding the Shift key while zooming with a mouse scroll wheel, trackpad, and wacom pen accelerates zoom so you can get where you need to be faster.
  • Panning is also supported using Mouse Button 3, aka the scroll/middle button.
  • At this time, no panning is available when using a trackpad. However, you can use the 'H' keyboard shortcut to select the Hand tool with which to pan the image freely.

Updates

The following changes appear post Premiere Pro Beta 24.4 Build 44:

• Zooming is always anchored to the position of the cursor, so you can easily position your pointer on or near a detail you’re interested in to zoom straight to it. This is true for all devices including Mouse, Touchpad and Pen/Tablet. Holding Opt/Alt while scrolling lets you zoom while anchoring the image to the center of the monitor view.
  • Decimal zoom percentages are rounded to the nearest integer.
  • To maximize the Monitoring area while providing a consistent behavior, scroll bars have been removed from the view monitor, but this has no effect on panning. To pan vertically and horizontally, click and drag Mouse Button 3, or press 'H' to select the Hand tool with which to move the content.
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry should have included specs:

Working on Premiere v 24.5

Hardware Specifications

• MacBook Pro 16 in

• M3 Max

• 64 GB RAM

• 1TB SSD (working off a 4TB SanDisk SSD)

• MacOS Sonoma 14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in the Beta forum, you probably want the Premiere forum. (24.5 is current shipping version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Beta 25.0 on mac and the hand tool doesn't seem to be working to move up/down left/right in the program monitor. It does work in the source monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In testing for another post here, I just found out something ODD, the Hand tool works as expected to move the view around, however, if the hand tool is selected, then the middle button does not work as expected, all looks fine, but the view won't change. Switch back to the selection tool, and the middle button works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it seems like toggling the hot key for Hand Tool prevents it from functioning in this new capacity.

I'm also using a Magic Mouse, so the mouse wheel isn't available as a middle button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed in Beta 25.1.0.8 that the wrench settings in the Program and Source Monitors has a "Show scrollbars" option that turns scroll bars back on.

@Palash Sanjay Kotgirwar Is that the way it will now work? There'll be some happy users over in the regular forum once it hits the Release versions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I think this is welcome it's still flawed imo. It would be better to not have the option but just always show scroll bars whenever the image is bigger than the panel itself. This would allow visual cues as to whether parts of your image are cropped assisting both the people that don't want to see the scroll bars when the image is set to fit and those that do want it for panning when zoomed in. This is also how it works in Photoshop afaik. Clear and simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that there needs to be some visual indicator that your view of the image is being cropped by the edge of the monitor panel, and scroll bars used to serve this purpose.  Maybe having an overlayed diagram showing the image frame and the monitor frame whenever some of the sequence image is being cropped.  Ideally it would also allow you to navigate the image by dragging the yellow monitor frame, for when you are zoomed far in for detail work.  I am not stuck on it overlaying the image, but I am not sure where else this UI element would fit, and it needs to be close to the program monitor to be a functional warning.

e44f2fcf-c6c9-4308-bbbb-73cd739ff9be.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2024 Sep 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like that i can pan around the viewer with middle drag, but is a pretty feature breaking bug introduced.
Rulers and Guides dont follow the panning, but will stay fixed in the panel, so that makes any guides you setup totally useless if you pan the viewer even the slightest 😞
This is broken in both the official release 24.6.1 and the 25.1.0.x20 beta 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this: guides/rulers follow the panning/zooming with the middle mouse and the Hand tool.

Windows / build 25.1.23 / 24.6.1

Does not seem to work on fit only on zoom in/out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh... yes, i see that its only a problem when using the "Fit" zoom level, the default zoom mode in Premiere 😉
It works as expected for all the predefined zoom levels, like 50%, 75%, 100% 200% etc. so there at least is a workround until it get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RobertKjettrup @Ann Bens,

Panning with Rules and/or Guides does not work after I execute a Fit command. And as soon as I zoom in/out, it works again.

Win 10. Same in 24.6.1 and Beta 25.1.0.18.

In 24.6.1, all the time, when I move with Rules on, they seem to flash/shimmer?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones yes the zoom in/out trick also sorts it. I use a Wacom for 99% of the time so dont have the mousewheel exclusive zoom nearby normally, so havnt notived before now that it fixed it 😄

The "Z" key should enable a dynamic zoom mode in the viewer panel, so you could hold Z and drag left/right to zoom the viewer. But well, Premiere doesnt like the temporary shortcuts thats standard in so many other Adobe apps. Premiere is the most clunky app of the Adobe suite.

yes, the flashing/shimmering/flickering of the UI in Premiere is such an annoyance, and its in so many parts, especially when resizing panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I see the same thing for Fit. Even if I zoom to the same percentage as Fit, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources