• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Now in Beta: Premiere Pro Text Styles Enhancements

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are thrilled to announce enhancements to styles for graphics and captions! You can try them out in public beta starting with build 24.2x38. We are excited about your feedback!  

Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 11.02.18 AM.png

Let's explore the two key improvements: 

1. Thumbnails for Reference: 

• Easily reference your styles with the introduction of thumbnails. 

2. New Style Browser: 

• Navigate and reuse styles seamlessly with the all-new style browser. 

Styles Workflow Walkthrough: 

Creating a Style 

• Create or Import a styles via the new plus button.
  • Styles now appear with thumbnails in the Essential Graphics panel dropdown. 

Note: Graphics styles are referred to as "Linked Styles," while captions styles are termed "Track Styles.". This distinction is important, as for caption styles always apply to the entire track, while for graphics, styles apply to text layers. 

Create a style

Create a style.gif

Thumbnails

Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 11.03.30 AM.png

Updating a Style and Usage Indication 

• Ripple your style changes to all instances with the new Redefine Style button, which replaces the old Push and Pull arrow buttons.
  • A usage indicator shows how often a style is used, with a pulldown for quick references and navigation. 

Update style

Update a style.gif

Redefine Style.gif

Usage Indicator and navigation dropdown

Usage Indicator.gif

The Brand New Style Browser 

• Access the style browser by clicking on the grid icon in the styles section in the Essential Graphics Edit tab. 
  • Choose between default icon view or a more compact list view for additional font information. 
  • In the style browser, click on a style to apply attributes without creating a track or linked style. Think of it more of a "paste attributes" kind of workflow, similar to how the Legacy Titler used to apply styles.
  • Apply attributes to only parts of your text.
  • Right-click a style to “Set as linked/track style” 

Style Browser in icon view

Style Browser 1.gif

Style browser in list view

List View.gif

Apply attributes to parts of a text

Range select and apply.gif

Set as linked style/track style in the style browser

Set as linked style.png

Reuse styles across projects

• Easily store styles in a new default local location for quick reuse.  
  • Export styles from the Project panel to this location via “Export Text Styles”

Export styles to new local Text Styles folder
Style Browser 3.gif. 

New local Text Styles folder at: Users/username/Documents/Adobe/Common/Assets/Text Styles

Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 11.32.44 AM.png

What's Still Missing: 

• Save styles to libraries and use them in the style browser. 
  • Option to apply style attributes without the font. 
  • Option to apply style attributes without paragraph settings (so the text does not change it's position on the screen). 

Try It Out: 

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you also add Text Styles for the text tool? I use it a lot and i hate to swith from different tabs, also make that the level is not closed by default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations, @AnnikaKoenig and the team!

These enhancements are introduced in PR Release 24.3.0, called "Visual styles in the Essential Graphics panel." In addition to a general description in the "Welcome to Premiere Pro 24.3" post and a longer description in the "Feature summary", new guidex documents are here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/text-styles.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/text-style-browser.html

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for the late reply to this post but I didn't get a chance to play with these new features in the Beta and I just saw them in the 24.3 release. 

My question is about the replacement of the Push/Pull functionality. I see how "redefine Style" has replaced the "Push" option to update a saved style with the new parameters. But what if I wanted to quickly reset my changed text back to the saved style -- aka the prior "Pull" option --? Right now it seems like you have to either open the Style Browser and click on the style or in the Linked Style menu set it to "None" then re-select the existing style. Essentially two clicks now instead of one. I am missing an easier way to accomplish this style reset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, John. From user testing we learned that this feature was causing more confusion to most users than value and the usage was very low. So for the sake of simplicity we decided to remove it as there are the workarounds that you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the clarification, @Annika Koenig
I guess I'm in the minority here but I'd still love to have a "reset to style" button 😉

I am seeing some confusion about the Style Browser and how the default of showing both Local and Project styles simultaneously is giving the impression of multiple, duplicate styles. Would love to see some streamlining of the list there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources