• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Released] Improvements to ARRIRAW support in v23.1 beta

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The October 2022 release of Adobe’s video products adds support for ARRIRAW and ProRes files from the ARRI ALEXA 35. 

But we’re not done! We are working on several more ARRI-related features. Two are already in beta and we’d love to get your feedback on them. 

The first is improved support for anamorphic footage captured in ARRIRAW. We now recognize the Lens Squeeze Factor entered in the camera. This value appears in the Interpret Footage dialog and can be changed as necessary. We've tested this feature with anamorphic lenses with a 2x squeeze factor. If you're using anamorphic lenses with a different squeeze factor, we'd love to hear your experience. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 11.22.33 AM.png

The second feature in beta is hardware acceleration for ARRIRAW. This makes the playback of ARRIRAW footage smoother and works on both Macintosh and Windows computers. It also works with all ARRIRAW footage - not just from the ALEXA 35 - and applies to both .mxf and .ari ARRIRAW files. 

Your feedback on both of these features is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing footage that was shot Arriraw, opengate, anamorphic 2x squeeze factor to Premiere it is framing everything to the right instead of centered. It doesn't seem to import the entire opengate file. Here is what the file looks like in premiere vs Arriraw converter. Is there any workarounds to this in Premiere? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matthew, 

Would you please send me a private message with some more info? I'd be interested in knowing:
* What model of ALEXA you're using. 

* Whether you are choosing a Lens Squeeze Factor on the camera. 

I'd also like to get a sample file from you. We've done significant testing with ARRIRAW anamorphic footage, so I would very much like to get more information. 

Thanks!

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources