• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small missing feature, could be a huge timesaver

Participant ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since so many developers are here, I'll ask the question. How complex is it on the Source-side Window to make the timecode window that you can manually input your timecode (on the 10-key keypad) include the option to display V1 source timecode from your original clip when it is part of a timeline?

In the world of news I 1. Shoot time of day timecode on a Panasonic P2 camera. Those clips all go in order into one master timeline that I can leave up in the Source window and have everything from the shoot at my fingertips. The one thing I could do in Avid that I can't do with this workflow is select my Camera V1 timecode as the "source" so when I am given a specific soundbite timecode I can type it in and instantly be at my in point that matches my script. Small menu change, but it can save TONS of time for those of us that never have enough of it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feature request! I agree, this sounds like it could be a great way to work more quickly with a stringout of all yoru source media. If you haven't already, make sure to create a User Voice post about this idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I did, and I'm not the first to think of this, looking there are similar variants of the request that go back to 2018 and possibly farther back, I didn't look at them all. I figured someone may be reading these forums a little closer and maybe make a really old news photographer's dream come true! It becomes very versatile in multiple news applications. In sports we typically log games using time of day, no matter what sport we're rolling on. It becomes so much faster to type the timecode in on the 10 key, hit I, run the play, hit O and drop it into the timeline instead of scrolling back and forth. If it is the original file it works, but as soon as it is nested or goes into a timeline that method is toast. Avid Newscutter (RIP the standalone Newscutter package) had the option to display V1 no matter if it was nested, or in a timeline, so the 10 key method worked no matter what, you didn't have to stop and figure out what was in the source monitor, it just worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources